Financial Aid

Types of Aid

Financial aid is money that is given, paid or loaned to help you pay for your college education or vocational training.

Most types of financial aid grants come from federal and state programs. These programs include the federal Pell Grant, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG), as well as state grants such as the Cal Grant, Student Success Completion Grant (SSCG) and the Chafee Grant. 

NOTE: A grant is a type of aid that you do not need to pay back.

Students can apply for a variety of financial assistance by completing and submitting either the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) each year.  Students only need to complete one application based on the eligibility listed below

Students only need to complete one application based on the eligibility listed below:

You are eligible to complete the FAFSA if you are: You are eligible to complete the CADAA if you are:
  • U.S. Citizen
  • Permanent Resident
  • Eligible non-citizen
  • T Visa Holder


Click the link below to apply online!


  • Undocumented
  • Have a valid or expired DACA
  • A U Visa holder
  • Have Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
  • Meet the non-resident exemption requirements under AB540

Click the link below to apply online!



  • Who should apply for financial ?

    Who should apply for financial aid?

    If you are currently enrolled or planning to enroll in college, you should apply for financial aid.  By completing an application for financial aid, you are applying for federal aid, such as the federal Pell grant, loans, and federal work-study;  as well as state aid such as the California College Promise Grant, Cal Grant, Chafee Grant and the California Student Success Completion Grant.

    Do you need help applying for financial aid?  We offer in-person and virtual financial aid lab to assist students with applying for financial aid.  Click Contact Us and select the Lab Hours tab for dates and times.

  • Promise Grant (formerly the Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver)

    California College Promise Grant

    For eligible California residents, the Promise Grant assists students with mandatory enrollment fees for the entire academic year (Summer, fall, and spring semesters) and does not waive any optional fees like the student union fee. There is no limit to the number of units that are covered by the Promise Grant. (Assistance for the purchase of books and supplies must be applied for separately at and with the EOPS Office). If you have applied for and are eligible to receive the Promise Grant after you have paid your enrollment fees, you will receive a refund of those enrollment fees. 

    AB 540 Students

    To be eligible for the California College Promise Grant, AB540 students must:

    1. Meet AB540 qualifications as determined by Admissions and Records.
    2. Complete the California Dream Act Application.
    3. Meet income guidelines.

    Please Note: If the Admissions and Records Office determines you have AB540 status, this status does not grant residency, it simply exempts you from paying non-resident fees.

    For more information regarding AB540 and the California Dream Act,  click  here:

    California Dream Act  


  • Federal Grants

     The Title IV program consists of grants and loans. Federal grants do not have to be repaid.

    • Federal Pell Grant

      The Pell Grant is money provided by the  government to assist students in paying for college.  Grants do not have to be repaid.  Eligible students receive a specified amount each year based on their Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and the Cost of Attendance.  

      Students may only receive a Pell grant from one institution per term.

      To be eligible for a Pell Grant, you must:

      • Have a financial need.  (Your financial need is determined based on the information you provided on your FAFSA application.)
      • Be an undergraduate student who has not earned a bachelor's degree (with some exceptions for students in post baccalaureate teaching programs).
      • Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program.
      • Have earned a high school diploma or a GED or have completed a high school education in an approved home-school setting.
      • Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen


      How do I apply for the Pell Grant?

      Complete and submit the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA).  Both continuing or returning students will need to reapply for FAFSA every year.

      How much does the Pell Grant award?

      The amount you get will depend on your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), the cost of attendance (determined by your school for your specific program), your status as a full-time or part-time student, and your plans to attend school for a full academic year or less.

      The maximum award amount for 2021-2022 is $6,495.

      • Is their a limit to the amount of Pell Grant funds I can receive?

        Your Pell Grant eligibility is limited to 6 years or 12 full-time equivalent semesters (a total of 600%), including all past award years.

        One full-time semester of Pell equals 50%.

        Check your Pell Lifetime Units used at

      • Dropping, Withdrawing or Failing Classes AND Return to TITLE IV (R2T4)

        It is possible that you could owe money back for all or part of your Federal Pell Grant if you do not complete classes that you registered for in a semester. The amount you may owe will be calculated based on the drop date, the number of credits and the last day that you attended classes.

        Return to TITLE IV (R2T4)

        Title IV funds are awarded to a student under the assumption that they will attend school for the entire period for which the financial aid is awarded. When a student withdraws, the student may no longer be eligible for the full amount of Title IV funds that the student was originally scheduled to receive.

        If a recipient of Title IV grant or loan funds withdraws from a school after beginning attendance, the amount of Title IV grant or loan assistance earned by the student must be determined. If the amount disbursed to you is greater than the amount you earned, unearned funds must be returned to the school. If the amount disbursed to you is less than the amount you earned and for which you are otherwise eligible, you are eligible to receive a post-withdrawal disbursement of the earned aid that was not received. The Office of Financial Aid will contact you if you meet one of the R2T4 situations above.

      • Pell Grant Amount Depends on Enrollment Status

        Your Pell Grant amount will depend on the number of credits you are registered in, as well as your Pell Lifetime Eligibility Units (LEU). The Pell Grant amount will be adjusted prior to the release (disbursement) of your aid based on your enrollment level. Enrollment levels are defined in the following manner:

        • Full time = 12 or more units
        • Three-quarter time: 9 - 11.9 units
        • Half time: 6 - 8.9 units
        • Less than half time: 5.9 or less
      • Pell Grants for Summer 2021

        In summer 2021, Pell Grant eligible students can receive up to 150% of their scheduled Pell award each year. What does this mean for you? If you were a Pell eligible student in fall 2020 and/or spring 2021, you may qualify for a Pell Grant for summer 2021!

        • Be enrolled in summer 2021 classes at LMC.
        • Have completed a 2020-2021 FAFSA and/or 2021-2022 FAFSA
        • Be Meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
        • Be Pell Grant eligible
        • Have Pell grant eligibility remaining.
        • Submitted all required documentation by the posted document deadline.
        • Students who are on suspension or excess units must have appeals approved prior to review of eligibility.
      • How do I receive my funds?

        To receive your funds, all financial aid recipients MUST select a refund preference through our disbursement provider, BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. For more information about BankMobile Disbursements, visit this link:  BankMobile Disbursements

        Follow these steps to select your refund preference to receive your funds:

        • Log in to
        • Once logged in, tap the Financial Aid tile
        • Select My FA Disbursements from the menu
        • Select BankMobile-First Time Setup to choose your disbursement method


      •  Financial Aid Disbursement Calendar


    • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG):

      Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG):

      The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) is awarded to students who receive a Pell grant and demonstrate the highest need. Due to limited funding from the Department of Education, priority is given to full-time students who meet the March 2nd deadline. Awards range from $600 - $1,000 per academic year.

  • Federal Work Study &  Student Employment

    Federal Work-Study provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student’s course of study.

    Here’s a quick overview of Federal Work-Study (FWS):

    • It provides part-time employment while you are enrolled in school.
    • It’s available to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students with financial need.
    • It’s available to students enrolled in 6 units or more.
    • It’s administered by schools participating in the Federal Work-Study Program.



    How to Apply for FWS position:

    1. Apply for FAFSA
    2. Go online to the  Student Employment Center to create a free account on College Central.
    3. Contact, Eva Monteverde, Federal Work-Study Coordinator in the Office of Financial Aid for further consideration at (925) 473-7516 or email


    LMC Employment Center:

    The Employment Center at LMC provides job placement assistance to all LMC students and alumni. We assist employers to obtain qualified employees and train students in competitive self-referral research of positions directly related to their areas of academic preparation. Visit the Employment Center website to learn more.



    How to Request to Hire a FWS Student Worker

    1.  Complete the Request to Hire a Federal Work-Study Form:

    2. The financial aid office will review your request and the student(s)' financial aid file to verify eligibility for FWS.  

    3. The Financial Aid Office will notify the department supervisor of the student(s) FWS eligibility via email within 5-7 business days.

    4. If the student is approved for FWS:

    a.   An award email notification will be sent to the student and departmental supervisor with a link to complete the following action items:

    b. Once the student completes their section of the FWS Student Contract, the departmental supervisor will receive an email notification with a link to complete their section of the FWS Student Contract. 

    c.    Once the department supervisor completes and signs the FWS Contract, the form will then be routed to the financial aid office for final processing.  

    5. Please remember students cannot begin working until student hiring paperwork has been processed by Human Resources/Payroll. The supervisor will receive the Student Employment Processing Confirmation receipt stating when the student can start to work.

  • Federal Student Loans

    Loans are funds that you must repay. The Federal Loan programs offer a secure, government-regulated and reasonably affordable way to invest in yourself and your goal of a higher education. Even though some loans are based on financial need, there are programs available to all federally eligible students regardless of income. 

    Federal Direct Loan Program (FDLP)

    Federal Direct loans are funds you must repay; they are available to eligible students who experience exceptional financial need and hardship. There are two types of Federal Direct loans, Subsidized Federal Direct loans, funds for which the federal government pays the interest while you are attending school at least half-time at an accredited institution and Unsubsidized Federal Direct loans are loans which are very similar to the subsidized loan with the exception that the student pays both principal and interest. 

    Federal Stafford Loan Limits:  Subsidized Unsubsidized
    Freshman $3,500 $6,000 (Independent students)
    Sophomore $4,500  $6,000 (Independent students)

    Direct Loan Statutory Limit a first-time borrower's eligibility

    Direct Subsidized Loans to a period not to exceed 150 percent of the length of the borrower’s educational program (“the 150% limit”). Under certain conditions, the provision also causes first-time borrowers who have exceeded the 150 percent limit to lose the interest subsidy on their Direct Subsidized Loans.

    Direct Loan Grace Period Interest Subsidy
    Effective July 1, 2012, students with Direct Subsidized Loans originated/disbursed after July 1, 2012 and before July 1, 2014 will be responsible for payment of interest accrued during the six month grace period.

    Student Direct Loan Procedure


    Steps to Apply for a Federal Direct Loan


     Complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).


    Complete your Financial Aid file by submitting all requested documents, as indicated on your Missing Information Checklist on Web Advisor.


    New Loan Borrowers (students who have never borrowed loans at LMC or other college)


    Continuing Borrowers (students who have borrowed loans previously at LMC or other college)


    You do not need to submit a copy of the entrance or promissory note to us. We will receive electronic notification that you have completed the entrance exam and Master promissory note from the Department of Education.

    PLEASE NOTE: The Office of Financial Aid will originate your loan based upon the information from your Loan Request Form. The amount that you request may not be the amount we certify. However, we will make every effort to accommodate your needs as there are some factors which affect loan eligibility, such as financial need, year in school and the amount previously borrowed. If you have any questions, please visit the Office of Financial Aid.   

    Exit Counseling for Federal Education Loans

    Federal law requires students who borrow from the Federal Stafford loan programs to undergo exit counseling when the student graduates, withdraws or drops below half-time enrollment. **Exit counseling is required even if the student plans to transfer to another college or university.

    Online Exit counseling is available at:

    Non-Federal, Alternative, or Private Education Loans

    Educational loans are available from a variety of non-federal, private, or alternative lenders. However, Los Medanos College does not maintain or promote any specific private education loan lenders. LMC recommends that students apply for Federal grants and other assistance under the Title IV HEA programs prior to considering private educational loans as the terms and conditions may be more favorable under these programs.

    LMC does not provide information to student regarding borrowing funds from private lenders or have preferred lender arrangements with any private financial institutions.  Some private educational loan lenders require school certification however, LMC does not certify private education loans.  Upon request, Los Medanos College will provide the self-certification form for private education loans required under Sec. 128(e)(3) of the Truth in Lending Act (15 U.S.C. 1638(e)(3) and the information required to complete the form, to the extent that Los Medanos College possesses the information.


  • State Grants  
    • Cal Grant Programs

      A Cal Grant is money for college that you do not have to pay back.  To qualify for a Cal Grant, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) OR the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) by the deadline date; meet eligibility and financial aid requirements, and GPA requirements.

      There are three kinds of Cal Grants - A, B, and C.  Your eligibility will be determined based on your FAFSA OR CADAA, your GPA, and the type of college listed on your FAFSA or CADAA.

      Important: Cal Grant funding is limited to 4 academic years. In order to graduate in 4 years, you must complete 15 units or more per semester or the equivalent quarter units. Create a plan with your academic counselor to ensure you will graduate in four years.

      • General Cal Grant Requirements
        • Be a California Resident
        • Be a U.S. citizen, eligible noncitizen or be exempt from nonresident tuition (AB540)
        • Attend an eligible California college or university
        • Be enrolled at least half time (6 units or more)
        • Meet U.S. Selective Service requirements
        • Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by your school of attendance
        • Not have completed a baccalaureate degree
        • Not be in default on and federal or state education loan or owe a grant refund
      • Cal Grant Competitive and Entitlement Awards

        Cal Grant Competitive and Entitlement Awards

        What is the difference between a Cal Grant Competitive and Cal Grant Entitlement Award?

        Cal Grant A and B Competitive Awards are for students who are not eligible for the Entitlement awards. The main difference is that these awards are not guaranteed.  The award amounts are the same.

         Cal Grant A  Entitlement:

        Who is considered for a High School Entitlement Award?

        • Current High school seniors and last year's high school graduates with a minimum GPA of 3.0.


        Cal Grant A Transfer Entitlement:

        • Students who plan to transfer directly from a CA Community College to a 4-year University that offers a bachelor degree in the award year. There cannot be a gap in enrollment between attendance at the California Community college and the 4-Year University.
        • Minimum CCC GPA of 2.4.
        • Students who are under the age of 28 by December 31 of the award year.
        • Students who meet the general Cal Grant eligibility requirements.
        • Students who graduated from a CA high school after June 30, 2000 and were California residents (or if you applied through the Dream Act application, living in California) at the time of high school graduation.
        • Students that did not graduate from high school, but were a California resident on their 18th birthday (if you applied through the Dream Act application, living in California) on their 18th birthday.


        Cal Grant B Entitlement Award:

        • For low income students
        • 2.40 CA community college GPA minimum
        • Students who are under the age of 28 by December 31 of the award year. (Cal Grant Transfer Entitlement Award)
        • May be used for a program that is at least one academic year in length resulting in an associate, baccalaureate degree or certificate of at least 24 semester units or the equivalent
        • Includes an additional annual Access Award amount (living expenses)
          Sophomore through Senior years the student will receive tuition and fees plus Access Award at tuition charging institution at a 4-year college/university.


        Who is considered for a Cal Grant Competitive Award?

        • Students who are not awarded a Cal Grant Entitlement award.
        • Students who meet the general Cal Grant eligibility requirements.
        • Students who complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)


        Cal Grant A Competitive Awards:

        • For low to middle income students
          3.00 GPA minimum
        • May be used for a program that is at least two academic years in length resulting in an associate or baccalaureate degree of 48 semester units or the equivalent
        • Can only be used for tuition and fees
        • If awarded while attending a California Community College, it will be held in reserve up to two academic years until student transfers to a 4-year college

        Cal Grant B Competitive Awards:

        • For low income students
        • 2.00 GPA minimum
        • May be used for a program that is at least one academic year in length resulting in an associate, baccalaureate degree or certificate of at least 24 semester units or the equivalent
        • Offers an award amount to assist with tuition and fees, also includes an additional annual Access Award amount (living expenses) at a 4-year college.
        • Sophomore through Senior years the student will receive tuition and fees plus Access Award at tuition charging college (at a 4-year college).


        Cal Grant Programs

      • Cal Grant A Award Amounts

        A Cal Grant A will help pay for tuition and fees at a California four-year college.  

         Award Amounts:

        • Up to $12,570 at a University of California (UC) Campus
        • Up to $5,742 at as California State University (CSU)
        • Up to $9,084 at independent colleges


        Does not pay at a California Community College (CCC).  If you were awarded a Cal Grant A , your award will be held in CCC reserve status and will be renewed for up to two consecutive years while attending a CCC.  Your funds will become available to you when you transfer, if you meet all the renewal requirements at the time you transfer to an eligible Cal Grant 4-year college.

      • Cal Grant B Award Amounts

        In the first year, students are eligible for the access ward of $1,648.  If you transfer to a four-year college or university, Cal Grant B also helps pay tuition and fees in the same amount as a Cal Grant A, in addition to the $1,648 living allowance.

      •  Cal Grant C Award Amounts
         Provides $1,094 for students pursuing a vocational, technical or career education not less than four months in length.  Eligibility limited to the recognized length of the program or two years at full-time equivalent.
      • Cal Grant FAQ

        When do I apply for a Cal Grant?

        March 2: The most important deadline for Cal Grants is March 2. Be sure you submit your FAFSA and your verified Cal Grant GPA by the March 2 Cal Grant application deadline.

        September 2: If you’ll be attending a California Community College in the fall and missed the March 2 deadline, you have a second deadline of September 2. There are only a limited number of awards available for those who apply in the fall, so try to meet the March 2 deadline.

        How do I renew my Cal Grant?

        Cal Grant recipients are eligible for a maximum of four years of Cal Grant eligibility.  Recipients are eligible for renewal if they meet the following conditions:

        • Have all terms satisfied with a payment or another eligible transaction code posted on WebGrants for the previous academic year, such as Leave of Absence.
        • Completed a FAFSA or California Dream Act for the current academic year.
        • Renewal applicants must continue to meet financial eligibility criteria

         How do I check the status of my Cal Grant?

        Go online to WebGrants for Students (WGS).

        Webgrants 4 Students

        Once you have created an account on WGS, students will be able to:

        • Check the status of their Cal Grant
        • Submit a school change
        • Place their Cal Grant on hold 

        If you’re not enrolled at least half time for any term, you must request a leave of absence from the Cal Grant program. You are allotted a maximum of 4 semesters/6 quarters (200%) of leave of absence throughout the lifetime of your Cal Grant award. Extensions may be granted for extenuating circumstances for students that submit a Cal Grant Appeal.

        Is their an age limit to the Cal Grant?

        To be eligible for a Cal Grant Transfer Entitlement Award, students must be the age of 28 by December 31 of the award year.

        What are the current Cal Grant income and asset ceilings?

        Income and Asset Ceilings

         How many years can you get a Cal Grant?

        As a Cal Grant recipient, you may receive up to the equivalent of four years of full-time grant payments. The duration of your eligibility will be based on your educational level at the time you receive your first Cal Grant payment.

        Important: Cal Grant funding is limited to 4 academic years. In order to graduate in 4 years, you must complete 15 units or more per semester or the equivalent quarter units. Create a plan with your academic counselor to ensure you will graduate in four years.

        If you receive a Cal Grant B, you can use your $1,672 living allowance to help pay for books and other community college costs. (If you do, however, keep in mind that you’ll be using up Cal Grant eligibility and you may want to save some or all if you’re planning to transfer to a four-year college.)

        Can I receive the Cal Grant in the summer semester?

        The Contra Costa Community College does not disburse Cal Grants in the summer term; however other colleges may disburse Cal Grants in the summer term.

        How do I submit a Cal Grant GPA

        College GPAs or community college GPAs may only be calculated for students who have earned or received at least 24 semester units, or its equivalent, regardless of the grade received. 

        LMC will automatically submit an electronic GPA for students who have earned or received at least 24 semester units.

        The majority of high schools in California automatically submit GPA's for graduating seniors.

        Are you wondering if your Cal Grant GPA has been received by the Commission?

        After you have filed a FAFSA or CADAA, you may go on-line and check the status of your Cal Grant application by logging on to WebGrants for Students and creating an account.

        More Cal Grant FAQ's


    • Student Success Completion Grant

       The Student Success Completion Grant (SSCG) is a financial aid program for Cal Grant B and Cal Grant C recipients attending a California Community College full time (12 units or more).

      Eligibility Requirements:

      • Must be a full time student (12 units or more)
      • Must Be a Cal Grant B or C recipient
      • Must have a remaining unmet need
      • Maintain federal Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
      • Be a California resident or exempt from paying nonresident tuition


      Award Amounts:

      Students enrolled in 12 to 14.99 units:

      • Semester amount: $649
      • Annual amount: $1,298


      Students enrolled in 15 units or more:

      • Semester amount: $2,000
      • Annual amount: $4,000


      Please note,  a student's grant(s) may be reduced in order to not exceed a students unmet need.

      How does a student qualify for the SSCG?

      • The student must be receiving a Cal Grant B or C award
      • The student must maintain federal satisfactory academic progress at the college


      Can I receive the SSCG in the summer semester?

      • If funding is available after paying the student for fall and and spring, colleges may grant additional awards to students who take a sufficient number of units during the summer term to bring their total number of units to 24 for the academic year.  
    • Chafee Grant

      What is the Chafee Grant?

      Free money for foster youth for college or technical and career training.

      If you are or were in foster care for at least one day, between the ages of 16 and 18 as a dependent or ward of the court and have financial need, you may qualify for up to $5,000 a year for career and technical training or college.

      What are the eligibility requirements?

      • Be a current or former foster youth who was a ward of the court, living in foster care, for at least one day between the ages of 16 and 18.
      • Have not reached your 26th birthday as of July 1st of the award year.
      • Have not participated in the program for more than 5 years (whether or not consecutive).
      • Attending a qualifying institution that is eligible for participation in the Cal Grant Program
      • If you are/were in Kin-GAP, a non-related legal guardianship, or were adopted, you are eligible only if you were a dependent or ward of the court, living in foster care, between the ages of 16 and 18.


      How do I apply?

      In order to be considered for a California Chafee Grant, you must complete the following:


      The California Department of Social Services will determine your foster youth eligibility status.

      How do I check the status of my Chafee Grant?

      To check the status, you can go online to WebGrants for Students.

      If I'm awarded a Chafee Grant, what are the requirements to receive funds?

      • Enrolled in 6 units or more at an eligible public or private college or university
      • Enrolled in a program at least once academic year long
      • Maintain federal Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
      • Demonstrate financial need
      • The school will verify payment eligibility and disburse funds to you.


      Note, verify that your FAFSA or CADAA and your Chafee Grant both list your current school of attendance, failure to do so will delay the processing of your Chafee Grant.


  • Scholarships

    LMC Foundation Scholarships

    The LMC Foundation Scholarships are available to currently enrolled LMC students who have completed a minimum of one semester and have established a minimum GPA of 2.0 or higher.  LMC Foundation scholarships are available to both continuing or transferring LMC students.  Scholarship award amounts vary from $100 - $10,000. The LMC Foundation Scholarships will open in November.

    External Scholarships:

    External scholarship opportunities are scholarship opportunities offered by individual donors, businesses, organizations, foundations, etc. These opportunities are not associated with the LMC Foundation Scholarships and students will need to complete a separate application.  External scholarships are offered to both continuing and transferring LMC students.

    Visit the scholarships website 

  • First-Time, Full-Time, Free Tuition Program

    Here's how it works:

    • Be a first-time college student
    • Enroll in a minimum of 12 units
    • Be a California resident or otherwise exempt from paying non-resident tuition fees (e.g. AB540)
    • Complete the FT3 Promise Pledge
    • Complete the Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act application
    • To maintain eligibility for future terms, students must complete a minimum of 12 units per term with a GPA of 2.0 or higher and complete the FAFSA or California Dream Act application each academic year
    • Your award will be applied to your account after the end of each academic term (fall and spring terms only).
    • Applicants must meet the deadline dates outlined below.


    Once you have successfully completed a term, we will automatically enroll you in the program again for the next primary term  (and so on).  When you complete 12 units with a 2.0 GPA again, you will earn another refund of your tuition fees. It's that easy to receive free tuition for up to two academic years with us!

    The FT3 is a two-year program, so you may be eligible to receive free tuition through the end of your second academic year of college. An "academic year" is defined as a fall term followed by a spring term. So, students who begin taking classes in the fall term may be eligible to receive funding for up to four consecutive terms, while students who start in the spring may be eligible for up to three consecutive terms. As long as you meet the FT3 requirements each term, 4CD will automatically enroll you in FT3 through the end of your second academic year of college. Your award will be applied to your account after the end of each term.

    Visit 4CD to learn more and complete the FT3 Pledge. 

    Date Fall  Deadlines Date Descriptions
    November  1    

    Deadline to complete FT3 Pledge

    December 1

    Deadline to complete FAFSA or CADA and Residency Reclassification for Fall

    March 15 

    August 15 

    Appeal Deadline Dates

    If you experienced extenuating circumstances that resulted in you not meeting the FT3 requirements, you may appeal your status by submitting an appeal form to your campus financial aid office. Use the link below to access the appeal form:

    LMC FT3 Appeal Form


    If you have questions, please email us at, from your InSite student e-mail account.