College students are all too familiar with financial stress. From day-to-day expenses, bills, rent, tuition, repayment of loans, and entertainment, it can feel like money is always tight. Even with the help of financial aid and a part time job, money can come and go in a blink of an eye with nothing to show for it. It's time to take control of your financial future and make your money count today! Los Medanos College has partnered with CashCourse to provide students with FREE financial literary resources! You can use CashCourse to:
- Create a budget
- Plan for retirement
- Create a plan to pay off a debt
- Build your savings
- Learn about investment options
- Set financial goals
- Learn about student loan repayment plans
- and much more!
Check out these sample budget worksheets available through CashCourse:
Create a FREE account and learn more at CashCourse!
Links to federal and state financial aid websites, including student entrance/exit interviews.
Apply for federal student aid online.
Application for California state aid for AB540 undocumented students.
Access information about your Cal Grant or Chafee Grant award through the California Student Aid Commission student access portal.
Apply for the Chafee Grant for Foster Youth, which offers up to $5000 per year in grant assistance to qualified students.
Apply for federal student loans, complete entrance and exit loan counseling, and learn about loan repayment options.
For further program cost information
For questions and information about FAFSA application:
- Box 84 Washington, D.C.,20044
8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Eastern Time
- FAFSA website
- For questions and information about Cal Grant A, B, and C:
P.O. Box 419026
Rancho Cordova, CA 95741-9045
- California Student Aid Commission
- CalGrant.org - How To Apply - Information & Forms
Financial Aid Information Page:
A free, comprehensive, objective, and independent guide to student financial aid resources, including scholarships, sponsored by NASFAA (National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators). Includes access to FASTWEB, an online searchable database of more than 180,000 private sector scholarships, fellowships, grants and loans Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Advice on identifying scholarship scams and a list of suspicious scholarship opportunities
- Ask the Aid Advisor, a free service in which professionals in financial aid have volunteered to answer questions submitted by students and parents
- EFC Estimator, an online calculator that computes an estimate of the student's expected family contribution and financial need
- A free online scholarship research service: FastWeb
- Check your registration status or register: Selective Service website
- San Francisco Field Office
444 Washington Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
- Order Tax Transcripts or Wage Transcripts: Order-a-Transcript
- Other blank tax forms can be downloaded from: Forms & Publications
If you need further assistance call the IRS at: 1-800-829-1040
- Oakland Regional Benefit Office
- 1301 Clay Street
- Oakland, CA 94612
- Toll free number: 1-800-827-1000 or 1-888-442-4551
- Veterans Affairs - Education and Training