Important News & Information
- Money Network College Cash Update
Los Medanos College has ended services with our previous disbursements provider, BlackBoardPay. Any students with the Money Network CollegeCash prepaid debit card are notified that the card and ATM access will no longer work beginning June 1, 2019. This gives students a year to spend their funds or transfer funds to a personal bank account. To transfer remaining funds to a personal bank account, call Money Network at 1-800-822-4283. If you take no action, a paper check will be mailed with your remaining balance after June 1, 2019.
Our new disbursement provider is BankMobile Disbursements.
- BankMobile Disbursements - NEW Financial Aid Funding Options
Los Medanos College has partnered with a new disbursements provider, BankMobile Disbursements, to deliver financial aid to students beginning on June 21, 2018. The new disbursement/refund program will give you the following options for receiving your financial aid:
- DEPOSIT TO AN EXISITING ACCOUNT – Money is transferred to an existing account the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school. Typically, it takes 1 – 2 business days for the receiving bank to credit the money to your account.
- DEPOSIT TO A BANKMOBILE VIBE ACCOUNT – If you open a BankMobile Vibe checking account (upon identity verification), money is deposited the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school.
- PAPER CHECK DELIVERED BY USPS – A check is mailed the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school, provided receipt is within daily cutoff times. Typically, it takes 5 – 7 business days for the check to arrive, depending on USPS First-Class® delivery timeframes.
All students MUST select a refund delivery preference from the options listed above.
To select a refund delivery preference, complete the following:
- Sign onto your Insite Portal.
- Select the Financial Aid tile
- Then "My FA Disbursements"
- Select "BankMobile- First Time Setup"
For more information about BankMobile, visit:
View our institution’s contract with BankMobile, a Division of Customers Bank
- California College Promise Grant (CCPG)
The California College Promise Grant (formerly know as the Board of Governors Fee Waiver -BOG):
Maintaining Academic Standards:
Students must maintain academic standards for continued eligibility for the California College Promise Grant. Note, these standards are different and separate from federal student aid's Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
The academic and progress standards for the CCPG are:
- Academic standards: Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Progress standards: Cumulative satisfactory completion of more than 50% of all coursework attempted.
Students who do not meet the standards listed above for two consecutive primary semesters (fall and spring) will lose eligibility for the CC Promise Grant. If you become ineligible for the CC Promise Grant, you will be notified within 30 days after the end of the semester. The college will send a communication to those students who failed to meet the standards for two consecutive primary semesters and will include instructions on how to appeal loss of the CC Promise Grant. Please note that this appeal is separate from any appeal for federal student aid, and the approval of one appeal will not mean the automatic approval of the other.
If you need more information, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
"For a quick review of important information on the Promise Grant eligibility requirements, visit: icanaffordcollege.com
- First Time + Full Time = Free Tuition (FT3)
Los Medanos College is offering tuition-free college for all first-time, full-time students for Fall 2019. As a part of our College Promise effort, we are launching the 4CD Promise: "First Time + Full Time = Free Tuition" (FT3) program.
Here's how it works:
- Be a first time college student
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 units for the Fall 2019 term
- Complete a super quick FT3 application/pledge
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Dream Act Application
- Have an educational plan on file
- Complete a minimum of 12 units for the Fall 2019 term with a GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Receive a full refund of all of your enrollment fees!!!
- New SAP Review Process
At the discretion of the Appeal Committee, students who have met minimum academic requirements of the SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress) Policy while on Financial Aid Probation for the previous semester, MAY be reconsidered for automatic continuance of their "probation" status for the current semester. An automatic continuance of probation means that you would not need to submit an appeal for SPRING 2020 semester. Please look for an email regarding your specific SAP status the week of January 13, 2020.
For more information, visit:
- LMC Financial Aid Office Goes Green!
Paperless communications are a great way to stay organized while helping the environment. Instead of receiving paper communications through the mail, we'll email you when we have any correspondence for students. It's safer, more secure and it helps our planet!!! Please be sure to check your InSite email frequently, so that you don't miss any important documents and deadlines. Students are responsible for meeting all deadlines.