Important News & Information
Financial Aid services are being offered remotely until further notice.
All questions and submission of financial aid documents can be directed to our campus email at email@example.com. Please make sure to email from your student Insite email and include your 7 digit student ID# in all communications.
Feel free to find information on our website: https://www.losmedanos.edu/financialaid/index.aspx.
We also have helpful videos available at: https://www.losmedanos.edu/financialaid/favideos.aspx.
You may also chat with Penny, to get general questions answered: https://www.losmedanos.edu/financialaid/index.aspx/#bot. She also tells jokes if you ask her nicely.
Thank you for your patience during these uncertain times.
- Money Network College Cash Update
Los Medanos College has ended services with our previous disbursements provider, BlackBoardPay. Any students with the Money Network CollegeCash prepaid debit card are notified that the card and ATM access will no longer work beginning June 1, 2019. This gives students a year to spend their funds or transfer funds to a personal bank account. To transfer remaining funds to a personal bank account, call Money Network at 1-800-822-4283. If you take no action, a paper check will be mailed with your remaining balance after June 1, 2019.
Our new disbursement provider is BankMobile Disbursements.
- BankMobile Disbursements - NEW Financial Aid Funding Options
Los Medanos College has partnered with a new disbursements provider, BankMobile Disbursements, to deliver financial aid to students beginning on June 21, 2018. The new disbursement/refund program will give you the following options for receiving your financial aid:
- DEPOSIT TO AN EXISITING ACCOUNT – Money is transferred to an existing account the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school. Typically, it takes 1 – 2 business days for the receiving bank to credit the money to your account.
- DEPOSIT TO A BANKMOBILE VIBE ACCOUNT – If you open a BankMobile Vibe checking account (upon identity verification), money is deposited the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school.
All students MUST select a refund delivery preference from the options listed above.
To select a refund delivery preference, complete the following:
- Sign onto your Insite Portal.
- Select the Financial Aid tile
- Then "My FA Disbursements"
- Select "BankMobile- First Time Setup"
For more information about BankMobile, visit:
View our institution’s contract with BankMobile, a Division of Customers Bank
- California College Promise Grant (CCPG)
The California College Promise Grant (formerly know as the Board of Governors Fee Waiver -BOG):
Maintaining Academic Standards:
Students must maintain academic standards for continued eligibility for the California College Promise Grant. Note, these standards are different and separate from federal student aid's Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
The academic and progress standards for the CCPG are:
- Academic standards: Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Progress standards: Cumulative satisfactory completion of more than 50% of all coursework attempted.
Students who do not meet the standards listed above for two consecutive primary semesters (fall and spring) will lose eligibility for the CC Promise Grant. If you become ineligible for the CC Promise Grant, you will be notified within 30 days after the end of the semester. The college will send a communication to those students who failed to meet the standards for two consecutive primary semesters and will include instructions on how to appeal loss of the CC Promise Grant. Please note that this appeal is separate from any appeal for federal student aid, and the approval of one appeal will not mean the automatic approval of the other.
If you need more information, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
"For a quick review of important information on the Promise Grant eligibility requirements, visit: icanaffordcollege.com
- First Time + Full Time = Free Tuition (FT3)
Los Medanos College is offering tuition-free college for all first-time, full-time students for Fall 2019. As a part of our College Promise effort, we are launching the 4CD Promise: "First Time + Full Time = Free Tuition" (FT3) program.
Here's how it works:
- Be a first time college student
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 units for the Fall 2019 term
- Complete a super quick FT3 application/pledge
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Dream Act Application
- Have an educational plan on file
- Complete a minimum of 12 units for the Fall 2019 term with a GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Receive a full refund of all of your enrollment fees!!!
- New SAP Review Process
At the discretion of the Appeal Committee, students who have met minimum academic requirements of the SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress) Policy while on Financial Aid Probation for the previous semester, MAY be reconsidered for automatic continuance of their "probation" status for the current semester. An automatic continuance of probation means that you would not need to submit an appeal for SPRING 2020 semester. Please look for an email regarding your specific SAP status the week of January 13, 2020.
For more information, visit:
Web Content Required for CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds – Emergency Grants to Students.
Each institution applying for Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds is required to comply with Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and must post the information listed below on the institution’s primary website, in a format and location that is easily accessible to the public, 30 days after the date when the institution received its allocation under 18004(a)(1) and updated every 45 days thereafter:
1. Los Medanos Colleges acknowledges that the institution signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
2. The total amount of funds the institution has received from the Department of Education pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students is $1,919,486.
3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of May 21, 2020 is $454,000.
4. The estimated total number of students at Los Medanos College eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 2588.
5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of May21, 2020 is 910.
6. The methods used by Los Medanos College to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act are as follows:
a. District Office Institutional Research provided a list of all eligible students to the campus, and they were invited via email to apply online.
b. Applications are reviewed by the Office of Financial Aid and awarded based on demonstrated need related to the campus closure due to Coronavirus.
c. Awards are $500 each.
7. The following instructions, directions, or guidance was provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants
a. All eligible students were sent communications via email and text and invited to apply for the COVID-19 Emergency Grant Application.
b. Students were advised of the application deadline of May 18, 2020 for the spring 2020 semester.
c. Students were advised they would be notified via student email on or after May 26, 2020 of the status of their application.