Who are the Los Medanos College Associated Students (LMCAS)?
LMCAS is a student governed organization that works to advocate for the needs of all LMC students.
Members of LMCAS are elected and appointed student representatives who organize and promote campus wide programs, protect student rights, and represent the student voice on campus shared governance committees.
LMCAS Supported Initiatives
- LMC Library Book Reserve Program
- LMC Bookstore Textbook Loan Project
- LMC Student Scholarships
- LMC Marketplace
- Zero Cost Textbooks
Requirements to JOIN LMCAS as a Senator
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better & be enrolled in 5 or more units.
- Complete LMCAS application packet.
- Attend 2 LMCAS Senate Meetings
- Interview and be confirmed by LMCAS
- Participate in an Orientation, weekly scheduled meetings, host office hours, one (1)
committee appointment, and attend LMCAS Sponsored events.
Missed the application deadline to join LMCAS as a senator? It is not too late to make a difference.
Serve as a Student Representative on Shared Governance Committee(s).
Student Civic & Voter Empowerment Act (AB 963)
The Student Voter Registration Act of 2003 (Elections Code sections 2145-2148) was implemented to ensure every California Community College (CCC) campus provides students with an opportunity to register to vote.
Students are encouraged to check the Secretary of State's website for voter registration status and to find information for the county where your voter
registration is active.
For more information visit the Secretary of State's Students Vote Project