New and Returning Students - Getting Started
If you are not yet a student at LMC, APPLY HERE and obtain your student I.D. number.
If you are a RETURNING student with an absence of two or more semesters, please REACTIVATE YOUR 4CD STUDENT ACCOUNT HERE .
Next, complete the Military-Connected Student Checklist below.
Continuing Students - Next Steps
Complete and submit any missing items on the Military-Connected Student Checklist.
Military-Connected Student Checklist
Please visit Los Medanos College (LMC) Veterans Services and connect with our Program Assistant and Program Coordinator. To ensure the greatest security and deliverability of email communications, please
use your InSite 4CD student email when communicating with college employees. College
employees initiate emails to students using their InSite student email and it is the
student's responsibility to regularly monitor their student email.
1. APPLY OR RE-APPLY TO LMC: Apply to obtain a student ID number if you are a new student. Re-apply to reactivate
your student account if you are a returning student absent for one or more academic
2. ORDER TRANSCRIPTS & SUBMIT EVALUATION REQUEST: Request electronic military transcripts and/or academic transcripts for ALL school(s)
you have attended outside of our College District.
• Joint Services Transcript (JST) for Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy Service Members/Veterans
• Community College of the Air Force/Air University for Air Force Service Members/Veterans
• Submit a Request for Transcript Evaluation and select your LMC Pathway and Program/Major
3. MATRICULATION: Complete the process for an earlier registration date. For Veterans to receive priority
registration, Member Copy 4 of DD-214 must also be submitted.
• Online New Student Orientation
• Online English and Math Guided Self-Placement
• Set an Appointment to Create an Education Plan with a Veterans Services Counselor. This must be completed annually and any time
there is a change to your education Program/Major or course schedule.
• Register for Classes on your Education Plan
4. APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID: You may concurrently receive education benefits and financial aid.
5. APPLY FOR VA EDUCATION BENEFITS: Have your DD-214 and banking information readily available, find your education
benefit, and complete an online application.
• Contra Costa County Veterans Service Office can provide expert assistance to Veterans, including
o CalVet Dependents Fee Waiver Information and Application
6. SUBMIT DOCUMENTS TO LMC:
• Military-connected student must submit Veteran’s or Dependent’s Veteran Sponsor’s DD-214 Service Member Copy 4 or Service-2
Character of Service (Uploader)
• If you are using benefits, your Certificate of Eligibility “COE” from the VA or DD Form 2384-1 Notice of Basic Eligibility
“NOBE” from your Command (Uploader)
• If you are transferring from another school and have previously used your VA educational
o For Veterans – VA Form 22-1995 Change of Program/Place of Training Parts I, II & V (Uploader)
o For Dependents – VA Form 22-5495 Change of Program/Place of Training All Parts (Uploader)
• If you are a Veteran using Ch. 31 VR&E education benefits, Purchase Order from your
• If you are using your VA education benefits and are a guest at LMC, a letter from
your home School Certifying Official should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
• CalVet Dependents Fee Waiver Award Letter (Uploader)
• Police Academy Employment Hire Letter Reflecting Student’s Name and Address (Uploader)
7. REGISTER AND SUBMIT AN ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATION REQUEST & CHANGE NOTIFICATION: If you are using VA education benefits, this is the last document submitted and
must be submitted each semester. When changes are made to your schedule after initial
certification, you must resubmit this form and indicate Change/Update to prevent
overpayment of education benefits and debt to the VA.
The Veterans Resource Center opened in April 2016. LMC student veterans played an
integral role in gathering interest and support. The Sentinels of Freedom and Pacific
Gas & Electric Company were key stakeholders in providing financial support.