Veterans Services

CalVet Dependents Fee Waiver

The College Fee Waiver Program for Veteran Dependents is a State of California Veterans Services program (CalVet) administered by individual California counties. 

The dependent child, spouse, or unmarried surviving spouse of a service-connected disabled or deceased veteran may be entitled to tuition and fee waiver benefits at any California Community College, California State University, or University of California.

To obtain eligibility requirements and assistance in applying for these benefits, please contact:

Contra Costa County Veterans Service Office
10 Douglas Drive, Suite 100
Martinez, CA  94553
Phone:  925 313 1481
Fax:  925 313 1490

For more information about the CalVet Dependents College Fee Waiver Program, the process, and to apply, visit the Contra Costa County Veterans Services Office Benefits Fact Sheets page and click on the bullet titled California College Fee Waiver Program.

If you have been issued a CalVet College Fee Waiver Authorization award letter for the current academic year (summer through spring semesters), submit your Award Letter here.  A CalVet College Fee Waiver Program application must be submitted each academic year.  For CalVet Plan B:  The dependent child's annual income may not exceed the annual gross income (AGI) limit. The current academic year fee waiver is based upon the previous calendar year's annual income, e.g., 2022 taxes apply to the 23-24 academic year if the application is submitted by December 2023.  Please contact the County Veterans Service Office for annual AGI data.