Dependents Fee Waiver
The dependent child, spouse or unmarried surviving spouses of a service connected disabled or deceased veteran may be entitled to tuition and fee waiver benefits at any campus of the California State University system, University of California or a California Community College.
To be eligible, students must:
- Have a parent who is a disabled veteran (0% or more disabled); or
- Have a spouse who is service-connected (S/C) deceased or rated 100% S/C disabled.
- Be a child earning less than $10,787 per year (student’s income, not parents’).
Note: there is no income limit for a spouse or children of S/C deceased or 100% S/C veterans.
- Attend a California Community College, California State University, or a University of California school.
- Provide proof of the student's relationship to the veteran such as a copy of a birth or marriage certificate.
To obtain complete eligibility requirements and assistance in applying for these valuable benefits, please contact your local County Veterans Service Office or the Veteran’s Representative at Admissions & Records Office.
You may also contact CDVA at (916) 503-8397 or by mail:
California Department of Veterans Affairs
Division of Veterans Services
1227 O Street, Suite 105
Sacramento CA 95814
For more information concerning this program and the link to the application please visit: The California Department of Veterans Affairs. When the form is completed, contact your nearest County Veterans Service Office (CVSO address and phone numbers may be found at the California Association of County Veterans Services Officers web site.