We are pleased that you are interested in exploring what Los Medanos College has to offer. Los Medanos College is a diverse, fully accredited, full-service community college, which serves approximately 11,000 students each semester (fall/spring). We offer a comprehensive transfer program for students who wish to pursue baccalaureate degrees, associate degrees, and certificates of achievements.
- Acceptance Requirements
Students must have a certain level of English proficiency to be successful at LMC. Prospective students whose first language is not English must demonstrate English Language Proficiency by one of the following for admission into Los Medanos College:
*Must have been completed within the last two (2) years*
*Scanned copy of official results are accepted*
TOEFL iBT- LMC Code is 4396 61 TOEFL iTP
only accepted for study abroad students from partner institutions
500 IELTS Academic
International English Language Testing System
5.5 (minimum band score of 4.5) Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) 160 iTEP Academic
International Test of English Proficiency
Pearson Test of English Academic
Global Test of English Communication
Conditional Letter of Admission will be issued for applicants who meet the requirements below:
International Education Center (IEC @ DVC)
Completion of Advanced B Level Certificate
ELS Language Centers
Completion of Level 109 (EAP)
UC Davis Intensive English Program
Continuing and Professional Education
Completion of Level 600 minimum 3.0 GPA; grade of "C" or higher in writing
**Final IGCSE or O Level results with a grade of "C" or higher in one of the following: English Language- First language, English as a Second Language
Graduation from English medium international baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme
Graduation from school where English is the primary language of the institution along with a letter from the school on institutional letterhead stating that English is the medium of instruction.
Post Secondary Education (College/University) Academic Records
Transcript(s) from US Post-Secondary institutions showing one academic year of college level English with grade of "C" or higher.
General Education Development Test (GED)
Applicants who pass a U.S. equivalent GED meet the high school graduation equivalency requirement for international student admission to Contra Costa College, Diablo Valley College and Los Medanos College.
**Contra Costa College, Diablo Valley College and Los Medanos College will not admit students based on preliminary results or students who take IGCSE and O Level exams as independent or private candidates.
Tuition & Enrollment Fees $7,704.00 Mandatory Health Insurance $1,332.00 Non-Refundable Application Processing Fee $50.00 Student Activity Fee $5.00 Transportation (Tri Delta Transit 31 Day Bus Pass)* $513.00 Housing (9 month stay)** $8,500.00 Books & Supplies (estimate) $1,800.00 Misc. Personal Expenses $3,100.00 Total $23,004.00
**Diablo Valley Homestay Option ($900.00/month + $400 placement fee)
- Honors Transfer Program
The LMC Honors Transfer Program guarantees its high achieving members an enhanced academic experience at LMC and offers benefits to its students such as transfer partnerships with top universities, exclusive enrollment privileges into Honors courses, and Transcript Notation of your Honors coursework.
Requirements to apply for the Honors Transfer Program:
1) Complete the 250 word Personal Statement located within the LMC International Student Application that speaks to why you would like to join the LMC Honors Program?
2) Provide a writing sample of 500 word essay on selected topic (in English) located within the LMC International Student Application
3)Provide a recommendation letter from recent teacher which discusses your academic accomplishments and abilities, work ethic/motivation and maturity level, ability to read and write in English at a college level, in addition to other information that may be relevant to your ability to succeed in the program.
- Degrees and Certificates
Depending on major, you may choose to earn an Associate Degree or a Certificate of Achievement. Most LMC majors are "open" to any student. The Registered and Vocational Nursing Program, Fire Academy, and Law Enforcement Academy however, require an additional application to the programs after completion of specific pre-requisite courses.
Learn More About Our Programs of Study
- Apply to LMC
IMPORTANT APPLICATION DEADLINE DATES
Fall Semester (August-December Application Period: March 1-July1 Spring Semester (January-May) Application Period: October 1-December 1
To begin the application to attend Los Medanos College, you must first complete the Los Medanos College Student Application through the
CCC APPLY APPLICATION
You will be sent an email which includes your personalized student identification number. Be sure to check your spam/junk folder if you do not receive the email in your general email box.
Once you have received your student identification number, you will proceed to the official LMC International Student Application. Note that you will need the following to complete the application:
1) Upload English proficiency document
2) Upload financial verification form from an official banking institution that is equal to $23, 0004.00 in US Currency (dated within the last six (6) months)
3) There is a non-refundable $50.00 application processing fee (valid credit card required)
Note: This application works best with Google Chrome
LMC INTERNATIONAL STUDENT APPLICATION
- Next StepsOnce you submit your application to LMC, the following will take place:
- You will receive a Notification of Acceptance by the Admissions and Records Office, Primary Designated School Official. The Acceptance Letter and I-20 will be mailed directly to you to take to the embassy or consulate in your home country to apply for the F-1 Visa.
- We use E-Ship Global to mail I-20 documents to our prospective international students. Please use this link to pay for the delivery of your I-20 documents. You can find a step by step guide on how to create an account here - E-Ship Global Account Creator
- Complete LMC Online Orientation
- You are welcome to register for classes prior to arrival
- Prior to starting the semester, you must complete a MANDATORY ORIENTATION- Date To Be Determined
- Pay Mandatory Health Insurance Fees. Fees for the 2019-2020 school year are $1,332.00. The health insurance fees must be paid within the first two weeks of the semester. Relations Health Insurance Guide for LMC 2018-2019
The Contra Costa Community College District has contracted with Western Union Business Solutions to provide International Students with a simple and low cost method of paying fees to CCC, DVC, and LMC in your country currency. Use this link to access Western Union Business Solutions.
Schedule An Online Meeting
Interested in learning more about all that Los Medanos College has to offer? Submit a request for a personalized web meeting session to learn more about LMC and how we can support you in your academic journey.