We are planning for a combination of fully online and hybrid (partially online and partially on campus) courses for Spring 2021. Please note that most courses will be offered fully online and that only 10-15% of courses will be offered in hybrid format. Remote student services will continue.
Current international students enrolled at MC in Spring 2020 have the option of either taking online classes from abroad or continuing their studies from inside the U.S. Either way, these students must maintain a full course of study (a minimum of 12 units) in order to remain in F-1 status.
Current international students admitted for Fall 2020 who are enrolled in online classes from abroad have the option of either continuing online classes from abroad or traveling to the U.S. (after receiving an I-20 and obtaining an F-1 visa) to enroll in a full course of study (a minimum of 12 units), including at least one hybrid class.
Future international students outside the U.S. admitted for Spring 2021 (including those who deferred enrollment) have three (3) options: 1. enroll in online classes from abroad, 2. travel to the U.S. (after receiving an I-20 and obtaining an F-1 visa) to enroll in a full course of study (a minimum of 12 units), including at least one hybrid class, or 3. defer enrollment to the Fall 2021 semester.
Future international students transferring from U.S. institutions admitted for Spring 2021 may enroll in online or a combination of online and hybrid classes (a minimum of 12 units) while continuing to live in the U.S.
Please contact the international student office at your college for additional guidance. We are committed to supporting you, and we look forward to addressing any questions you may have.
Online instruction and full course of study requirements are dependent on continued Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) approval and are subject to change. We will monitor communication from the U.S. Government and keep international students informed.
- English Proficiency Requirements
Students must have a certain level of English proficiency to be successful at LMC. Prospective students whose first language is not English must demonstrate English Language Proficiency by one of the following for admission into Los Medanos College:
*Must have been completed within the last two (2) years*
*Scanned copy of official results are accepted*
TOEFL iBT- LMC Code is 4396 61 TOEFL iTP
only accepted for study abroad students from partner institutions
500 IELTS Academic
International English Language Testing System
5.5 (minimum band score of 4.5) Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) 160 iTEP Academic
International Test of English Proficiency
Pearson Test of English Academic
Global Test of English Communication
2A Test score of 90
Conditional Letter of Admission will be issued for applicants who meet the requirements below:
International Education Center (IEC @ DVC)
Completion of Advanced B Level Certificate
ELS Language Centers
Completion of Level 109 (EAP)
UC Davis Intensive English Program
Continuing and Professional Education
Completion of Level 600 minimum 3.0 GPA; grade of "B" or higher in writing
**Final IGCSE or O Level results with a grade of "C" or higher in one of the following: English Language- First language, English as a Second Language
Graduation from English medium international baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme
Graduation from school where English is the primary language of the institution along with a letter from the school on institutional letterhead stating that English is the medium of instruction.
Post Secondary Education (College/University) Academic Records
Transcript(s) from US Post-Secondary institutions showing one academic year of college level English with grade of "C" or higher.
General Education Development Test (GED)
Applicants who pass a U.S. equivalent GED meet the high school graduation equivalency requirement for international student admission to Contra Costa College, Diablo Valley College and Los Medanos College.
- Financial Verification Documents
To be determined eligible for enrollment at Los Medanos College, incoming international students must provide an official bank document which demonstrates financial eligibility equal to $23,000.00 USD
Tuition & Enrollment Fees $8,304.00 Mandatory Health Insurance*
$1,440.00 Transportation (Tri-Delta Bus)
31 Day Bus Pass
$513.00 Housing (9 months) $8,500.00 Books & Supplies $1,800.00 Student Activity Fees $7.00 Misc. Living Expenses $2,436.00 Total for 2020-2021 $23,000.00
* Mandatory Health Insurance premiums subject to change
**Tri Delta Transit 31 Day Buss Pass ($57.00/month)
***Diablo Valley Homestay Option ($900.00/month + $400 placement fee)
- Honors Program
The LMC Honors Transfer Program guarantees its high achieving members an enhanced academic experience at LMC and offers benefits to its students such as transfer partnerships with top universities, exclusive enrollment privileges into Honors courses, and Transcript Notation of your Honors coursework.
Requirements to apply for the Honors Transfer Program:
1) Complete the 250 word Personal Statement located within the LMC International Student Application that speaks to why you would like to join the LMC Honors Program?
2) Provide a writing sample of 500 word essay on selected topic (in English) located within the LMC International Student Application
3)Provide a recommendation letter from recent teacher which discusses your academic accomplishments and abilities, work ethic/motivation and maturity level, ability to read and write in English at a college level, in addition to other information that may be relevant to your ability to succeed in the program.
- Degrees and Certificates
Depending on major, you may choose to earn an Associate Degree or a Certificate of Achievement. Most LMC majors are "open" to any student. The Registered and Vocational Nursing Program, Fire Academy, and Law Enforcement Academy however, require an additional application to the programs after completion of specific pre-requisite courses.
Learn More About Our Programs of Study
- APPLY HERE!
IMPORTANT APPLICATION DEADLINE DATES
Term Application Available Application Deadline Fall Semester September
if outside of
if inside of
Spring Semester February
if outside of the United States
if inside of the
To begin the application to attend Los Medanos College, you must first complete the Los Medanos College Student Application through the
CCC APPLY APPLICATION
You will be sent an email which includes your personalized student identification number. Be sure to check your spam/junk folder if you do not receive the email in your general email box.
Once you have received your student identification number, you will proceed to the official LMC International Student Application. Note that you will need the following to complete the application:
1) Upload English proficiency document
2) Upload financial verification form from an official banking institution that is equal to $23, 0000.00 in US Currency (dated within the last six (6) months)
3) There is a non-refundable $50.00 application processing fee (valid credit card required)
Note: This application works best with Google Chrome
LMC INTERNATIONAL STUDENT APPLICATION
- Next StepsOnce you submit your application to LMC, the following will take place:
- You will receive a Notification of Acceptance by the Admissions and Records Office, Primary Designated School Official. The Acceptance Letter and I-20 will be mailed directly to you to take to the embassy or consulate in your home country to apply for the F-1 Visa.
- We use E-Ship Global to mail I-20 documents to our prospective international students. Please use this link to pay for the delivery of your I-20 documents. You can find a step by step guide on how to create an account here - E-Ship Global Account Creator
- Complete LMC Online Orientation
- You are welcome to register for classes prior to arrival
- Prior to starting the semester, you must complete a MANDATORY ORIENTATION- Date To Be Determined
- Pay Mandatory Health Insurance Fees. Fees for the 2020-2021 school year are $1,332.00*. The health insurance fees must be paid within the first two weeks of the semester. Relations Health Insurance Guide for LMC 2020-2021
The Contra Costa Community College District has contracted with Western Union Business Solutions to provide International Students with a simple and low cost method of paying fees to CCC, DVC, and LMC in your country currency. Use this link to access Western Union Business Solutions.
*Mandatory Health Insurance Fees are subject to change.
- Email a Question or Request a Conference Call here
Interested in learning more about all that Los Medanos College has to offer? Submit a request for a personalized web meeting session to learn more about LMC and how we can support you in your academic journey.