We are pleased that you are interested in exploring what Los Medanos College has to offer. Los Medanos College is a diverse, fully accredited, full-service community college, which serves approximately 11,000 students each semester (fall/spring). We offer a comprehensive transfer program for students who wish to pursue baccalaureate degrees, associate degrees, and certificates of achievements.
- Acceptance Requirements
Students must have a certain level of English proficiency to be successful at LMC. This requirement may be demonstrated by submitting OFFICIAL documents from one of the following:
English Assessment must have been completed within the last two (2) years
TOEFL iBT 54 IELTS 5.0 (minimum band scores of 4.5) International Education Center (IEC) Advanced B Certificate ELS Language Center Level 109 (Advanced Cambridge English Assessment 154-161 UC Davis Extension: Intensive English Program Completion of Level 600 (with 3.0 GPA) International General Education Certificate Secondary Education (IGCSE) Pass 4 exams, one of which must English General Certificate of Education Completion of Level O (must include English) Citizen of country or territory where English is an official and/or major language Provide high school or college transcript Successful completion of College Level English course at US College/University Provide transcript
Tuition & Enrollment Fees $7,704.00 Mandatory Health Insurance $1,332.00 Non-Refundable Application Processing Fee $50.00 Student Activity Fee $5.00 Transportation (Tri Delta Transit 31 Day Bus Pass)* $513.00 Housing (9 month stay)** $8,500.00 Books & Supplies (estimate) $1,800.00 Misc. Personal Expenses $3,100.00 Total $23,004.00
**Diablo Valley Homestay Option ($900.00/month + $400 placement fee)
- Honors Transfer Program
The LMC Honors Transfer Program guarantees its high achieving members an enhanced academic experience at LMC and offers benefits to its students such as transfer partnerships with top universities, exclusive enrollment privileges into Honors courses, and Transcript Notation of your Honors coursework.
Requirements to apply for the Honors Transfer Program:
1) Complete the 250 word Personal Statement located within the LMC International Student Application that speaks to why you would like to join the LMC Honors Program?
2) Provide a writing sample of 500 word essay on selected topic (in English) located within the LMC International Student Application
3)Provide a recommendation letter from recent teacher which discusses your academic accomplishments and abilities, work ethic/motivation and maturity level, ability to read and write in English at a college level, in addition to other information that may be relevant to your ability to succeed in the program.
- Degrees and Certificates
Depending on major, you may choose to earn an Associate Degree or a Certificate of Achievement. Most LMC majors are "open" to any student. The Registered and Vocational Nursing Program, Fire Academy, and Law Enforcement Academy however, require an additional application to the programs after completion of specific pre-requisite courses.
Learn More About Our Programs of Study
- Apply to LMC
IMPORTANT APPLICATION DEADLINE DATES
Fall Semester (August-December Application Period: March 1-July1 Spring Semester (January-May) Application Period: October 1-December 1
To begin the application to attend Los Medanos College, you must first complete the Los Medanos College Student Application through the
CCC APPLY APPLICATION
You will be sent an email which includes your personalized student identification number. Be sure to check your spam/junk folder if you do not receive the email in your general email box.
Once you have received your student identification number, you will proceed to the official LMC International Student Application. Note that you will need the following to complete the application:
1) Upload English proficiency document
2) Upload financial verification form from an official banking institution that is equal to $23, 0004.00 in US Currency (dated within the last six (6) months)
3) There is a non-refundable $50.00 application processing fee (valid credit card required)
Note: This application works best with Google Chrome
LMC INTERNATIONAL STUDENT APPLICATION
- Next StepsOnce you submit your application to LMC, the following will take place:
- You will receive a Notification of Acceptance by the Admissions and Records Office, Primary Designated School Official. The Acceptance Letter and I-20 will be mailed directly to you to take to the embassy or consulate in your home country to apply for the F-1 Visa.
- We use E-Ship Global to mail I-20 documents to our prospective international students. Please use this link to pay for the delivery of your I-20 documents. You can find a step by step guide on how to create an account here - E-Ship Global Account Creator
- Complete LMC Online Orientation
- You are welcome to register for classes prior to arrival
- Prior to starting the semester, you must complete a MANDATORY ORIENTATION- Date To Be Determined
- Pay Mandatory Health Insurance Fees. Fees for the 2019-2020 school year are $1,332.00. The health insurance fees must be paid within the first two weeks of the semester. Relations Health Insurance Guide for LMC 2018-2019
The Contra Costa Community College District has contracted with Western Union Business Solutions to provide International Students with a simple and low cost method of paying fees to CCC, DVC, and LMC in your country currency. Use this link to access Western Union Business Solutions.
Schedule An Online Meeting
Interested in learning more about all that Los Medanos College has to offer? Submit a request for a personalized web meeting session to learn more about LMC and how we can support you in your academic journey.