What Makes LMC Special...
- Our Mission: Student Learning & Success
Los Medanos College offers award-winning transfer and career-technical programs, stellar support services, and diverse learning opportunities in East Contra Costa County. Our exceptional educators, innovative curriculum, growing degree and certificate offerings, and strong regional partnerships focus squarely on student success. Of the 1,600 two-year institutions across the nation, LMC received consecutive recognitions as a “Top 150 U.S. Community College” by the Aspen Institute (2017 & 2019) and was named one of the “50 Best Community Colleges for 2017” by College Choice.
- Our Los Medanos College "family": Students and staff enjoy the friendly atmosphere here – the feeling that we're all here to help one another.
- Our faculty: Students rave about their professors and the personal attention they receive.
- Our beautiful new facilities: The LMC service area has undergone rapid growth and development. To serve its ever-expanding community In fall 2020 LMC completed a new Brentwood Center located at 1351 Pioneer Square, the new Center houses 15 instructional classrooms, four science labs, library resources, tutoring labs, and open learning spaces, as well as a bookstore, a food service area, and 738 parking spaces. The College completed construction of a 30,450 square-foot Kinesiology & Athletics Complex, followed by a new 36,600 square-foot Student Union in spring 2020. The first floor of the Student Union includes a new bookstore, food services area, student lounge, and a 485-seat conference center. The second floor features new offices and meeting space for Student Life and the Associated Students, a large social gathering area for student clubs, and meeting space for up to four learning communities. In spring 2019, LMC opened a new Campus Safety Center, which provides enhanced emergency operations for the College.
- Our diverse student body: When a variety of ages, ethnicities, and cultural backgrounds converge in the classroom, interesting things happen.
- Our small classes: Because the average class size is 35, students get to know their classmates and their instructors.
- Our Transfer Programs & Services: Students who plan to transfer to a four-year university get on the right track through Transfer Admission Guarantees, "IGETC," Transfer Academy and other transfer programs.
- Our special academic programs: We have many opportunities for students to focus on their studies in an engaging community setting. Learn more about our special programs
Los Medanos College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and College ,10 Commercial Blvd. Suite 204 Novato, CA 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information, including filing complaints against member institutions, can be found at www.accjc.org.
- California State Board of Community Colleges
- California Department of Education, Bureau of School Approvals
for the enrollment of veterans and eligible persons under Title 38 of the U.S. Code.
- State Board of Registered Nursing
- State Board of Vocational Nursing
- University of California
- California State Colleges and Universities
- Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training
- Contra Costa County Emergency Medical Services Office