The path along the lake here at LMC is used all year long. However, we want everyone to know that no one should be down at the lake from dusk until dawn. The lake is closed during this time. This information is posted at the entrances to the lake.
Please take the time to consider the following safety tips while going about your daily routine, and share them with your students and colleagues:
- Never leave any items of value unattended.
- Always check to make sure your vehicle has been locked and secured.
- If you need to leave a room, office, or classroom, take your belongings with you or ask a friend or colleague to keep an eye on them for you... Even if you are only going to be gone a minute.
- Never leave your office unattended without locking. If you need help securing an office or lab, contact Police Services immediately for assistance.
- Do not leave items of value out in "plain view". This would include items such as: bags, purses, laptops, wallets, etc.. Whether in your vehicle or office, secure items of value away so they are not left out in the open.
Always be aware of your surroundings. If you notice anything or anyone suspicious, contact Police Services for assistance. You can reach us at (925) 439-1505. If it is an emergency please make sure to dial 911.
Protect yourself against robbery both on and off the LMC campus:
- When walking to your vehicle, have your keys ready in your hands. This will reduce time searching your pockets and purses at your vehicle.
- Avoid use of cell phones and headphones, as these devices are distracting, and often decrease your awareness of surroundings.
- Be alert to your surroundings at all times. Report any suspicious persons, behaviors, or situations to campus police immediately.
- The lake is closed to the public from sunset to sunrise. Signs are posted at the entrances and exits to the lake notifying you of the time when the lake is closed to the public. Please do not access the lake during this time frame.
Please note that campus Police Services provide personal escorts in the evening hours, should you need assistance. We can be reached at (925) 439-1505.
LMC has been preparing for various types of emergencies. Recently some staff attended a presentation and discussion which included a video addressed the subject of an active shooter on campus. So that you are better informed here is a link to the video.
- What to do in case of an earthquake
- Advice for people with disabilities or access and functional need
Tip: Keep your windows rolled up
As the temperatures outside start to climb, many of us will leave our car windows partially rolled down to try and keep the inside of our cars a little cooler. As much as this may help keep the temperature down inside your vehicles it may also provide thief's an opportunity to take valuables from your car. Please keep this in mind when parking on campus. Keep your windows rolled up, doors locked and remove any valuables from your car.