International Students

 How Can I Help You?

  •  What documents will I need to apply to LMC?

    You will need the following to complete the LMC International Student Application:
    1) You must complete the LMC Student Application in order to obtain your personalized student identification number.
    2) Demonstration of English proficiency document
    3) Financial Verification document from banking institution equal to $23, 600.00 US currency

    *Note you will also need a valid credit card to apply the $50.00 non-refundable processing fee.

  • What degrees do you have to offer at LMC?

    Los Medanos College offers a variety of certificate and degree programs that can lead to employment and/or transfer to four year universities. For a detailed list of programs of study visit the Degrees and Certificates page

  • What courses do I need to take for my major?

    Your major will determine what courses you will need to take. Review degree requirements in the catalog and with a counselor in the development of your educational plan to avoid taking unnecessary classes and delaying your graduation or transfer plans. Visit the online catalog.

  • Do I need to take an English Proficiency Test to be admitted into LMC?

    Student must have a certain level of English proficiency to be successful at LMC. This requirement may be demonstrated by submitting OFFICIAL scores from one of the following English proficiency tests:

    Assessment SCORE
    TOEFL Internet


    TOEFL Compute 157
    IELTS 5.0 (minimum band score of 4.5)
    International Education Center Advanced B Certificate
    International General Certificate of General Education Certificate
    General Certificate of Education Completion of Level O
    Graduate from US High School transcript
    Graduate from English medium diploma programme at International Baccaluareate School Diploma


  • How much does it cost to attend LMC as an International Student?

    International students must submit documentation indicating ability to cover all expenses for at least one year, which includes tuition, fees, related academic costs, books, living expenses, transportation and miscellaneous expenditures, for themselves and any dependents. 

    Fees for 2019--2020 are:
    $7704....Tuition and Enrollment Fees (based on 12 units)
    $1332...  Health Insurance
    $50.......  Non -Refundable Application Fee
    $5........    Student Activity Fee
    $513........Transportation (Tri-Delta Transit 31 Day Bus Pass)*
    $8500....Housing** (9 month stay)
    $1800.....Estimate for Books & School Supplies
    $3100.....Estimate for Misc. Personal Expenses

    * Tri Delta Transit 31 Day Bus Pass ($57.00/month)
    **Diablo Valley Homestay Option ($900/month + $400 placement fee)

  •  When is the application deadline?


    Fall semester (August- December)
    Apply March 1- July 1


    Spring semester (January- May)
    Apply August 1- December 1 

  • Do I need to purchase health insurance from the college if I have my own health insurance?
     We know that the health care system in the United States may be very different from what you are used to; therefore, we are available to answer any questions that you may have. For more information on the plan or to schedule an appointment with an insurance representative, please call Ascension at 800-537-1777. The link provides additional information on your health insurance International Student Health PPO Plus    
  • How early can I enter into the United States?

    Students who have been issued an F-1 visa are eligible to enter the United States up to thirty (30) days before the “reporting date” on the I-20 form, but not earlier. While the issuance of an F-1 visa gives you permission to request entry to the U.S. during that thirty-day period, the visa itself does not guarantee entry to the United States.


  • How do I obtain my I-20?

    The SEVIS generated I-20 Form is the official document required to apply for a United States F-1 Student Visa. This document is processed and issued by LMC Admissions and Records in compliance with terms set forth by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Once issued a SEVIS I-20, it is your responsibility to contact an embassy in your home country in order to apply for F-1 visa status.

    • You must be fully admitted to the college as a full time student and have demonstrated having English proficiency.
    • You must submit a completed Financial Statement verifying sufficient funding for at least one year of expenses at LMC.
      • If you already hold a valid F1 Visa from another school and plan to transfer to LMC you must also complete and return the I-20 transfer release form along with a photocopy of your current I-20 form.
  • Do you offer on campus housing?

    LMC currently does not offer on campus housing to students. If you are in need of housing, we recommend that you contact our preferred partner Diablo Valley Homestay. You may begin the process of applying to live host family by completing the Diablo Valley Homestay Application.


  • Can I apply for financial aid?

    Need-based financial aid is not available for international students. We recommend that international students research scholarship opportunities that may be available to international students.

I have explored your entire site, and still do not have the answers for my questions. What should I do?

Please contact Teresea Archaga, Director of International Students Program

(925) 473-7552 if you have additional questions not addressed on the site.