Every student should fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as
early as possible. Beginning October 1st of each academic year, the FAFSA for the
next academic year is released. The application can be completed online at FAFSA on the web.
- If you are attending college between Aug 2020 - July 2021, you would complete the
- If you plan on attending college between Aug 2021 - July 2022, you would complete
the 2021-2022 FAFSA released on October 1, 2020.
You will need to renew your FAFSA each academic year you intend to enroll.
We recommend having the following items on hand when completing the FAFSA:
- Prior prior years (PPY) tax returns and W2 forms (yours and your parents' if you are
under 24). For example, if you are completing the 2020-2021 FAFSA, you will need
your 2018 tax information.
- Your social security number
- Your alien registration number (if applicable)
- A Federal Student AID (FSA) ID (student and parent if you are a dependent student)
- LMC School Code: 010340
Within 2 weeks, of successfully completing and submitting your FAFSA, LMC will import
and begin processing your FAFSA. You will receive an email notification advising
you that the Financial Aid Office has received your FAFSA and to view your missing information checklist.