Enter to win a $25 Amazon Gift Card when you create your TimelyCare account!
Feeling stressed or overwhelmed? Don’t forget, TimelyCare provides you free, 24/7 virtual access to licensed providers for your medical and mental health needs. Start a visit anytime, from anywhere.
To enter you must create your profile by visiting timelycare.com/lmc or downloading the TimelyCare app.
Register by May 31, 2022 to be entered to win!
- TimelyCareAccess TimelyCare for students
*Use your school's login credentials
TimelyCare access for faculty & staff
Los Medanos College Partners with TimelyMD to Improve Student Health and Well-being
Los Medanos College has teamed up with TimelyMD, the leading virtual health and well-being solution in higher education, to offer students free and equitable access to medical and mental health support through the TimelyCare platform.
TimelyCare serves as a 24/7 virtual extension of campus health and counseling center resources, with a goal of improving student well-being, engagement, and retention.
Through TimelyCare on their phone or other device, Los Medanos College students can now select from a wide-ranging menu of virtual care options from licensed physicians and counselors in all 50 states – at no cost and without the hassle of traditional insurance – including:
- On-demand medical care
- Appointment-based medical care
- On-demand mental health support (TalkNow)
- Appointment-based mental health counseling
- Basic Needs assistance
- Digital self-care content
The partnership with TimelyMD allows Los Medanos College to deliver a hybrid model of clinical care that combines the best of in-person and virtual care services. Benefits to students include:
- Convenient 24/7 care – Physical and mental health issues often present themselves outside regular business hours, and TimelyCare makes seeking support or treatment as easy and convenient as making a video or phone call. Nationally, about 40% of mental health care visits through TimelyCare occur after hours.
- Reduced wait times – Typical consultations for on-demand services through TimelyCare begin within 5-10 minutes – less than the amount of time it takes to walk across campus.
- Diverse provider network – In addition to being from diverse backgrounds, TimelyMD providers are trained to be culturally competent. For example, more than 60% of mental health providers are BIPOC, and the platform also offers providers who identify as LGBTQ+, speak multiple languages and/or celebrate various religious traditions. Students can choose to meet with a specific provider or select the first available.
- Peace of mind – TimelyCare is a safe, secure, and HIPAA-compliant platform that follows campus-specific protocols to facilitate care coordination and follow-up to ensure continuity of care. Integrations with leading learning management systems ensure students have even more on-ramps to in-the-moment support whenever they need it.
- Crisis Intervention
LMC Crisis Intervention Team
Assists students who present an immediate threat to personal and community safety. Call 925-473-7449 for assistance
Contra Costa Crisis Center- 211 Database
Available 24/7 to provide information on local health and social services including food assistance, shelter/housing, mental health, financial services, and family support.
Mobile Crisis Response Team (Adults)
In person services for adults in crisis
Mobile Crisis Response Team (Children)
In person crisis support for youth in Contra Costa County with Medi-Cal or no insurance
STAND! For Families Free of Violence
Advocates are available 24/7 on their hotline 888-215-5555 to provide immediate emotional support, safety planning and assessment.
Drop In Services:
Family Justice Center
2711 Hillcrest Avenue #206
Antioch, CA 94531
National Domestic Violence Hotline Support
The Trevor Project
Supports the LGBTQ+ Community with Advocacy, Crisis Intervention, Education, and Research.
Support is available 24/7
Call, Text, Chat
- LMC Personal Counseling
LMC offers individual counseling sessions as well as therapy sessions in partnership with National University (JFK School of Psychology).
Assists student experiencing highly stressful issues, e.g., depression, family, identity, interpersonal relationships. Services offered by-appointment-only, with Referral Form required (see below).
- Submit Referral Form here (required): Referral Form
(Links to a confidential external site)
- Submit Referral Form here (required): Referral Form
- LMC Academic Counseling
For LMC academic educational planning services please make an appointment at https://www.losmedanos.edu/counseling/
Counselors are available to assist students who are seeking guidance with low to moderate stressful issues. Services are provided by appointment.
Mindfulness Breathing Exercise Videos
Deep Breathing Practice (3 Minutes)
Mindful Breathing (6 minutes)
Progressive Muscle Relaxation (audio only- 18 Minutes)
Body Scan Exercise with Jon Kabat-Zinn (30 Minutes)
Grounding Techniques Handout
Provided by: TherapistAid.com
- Physical Health
LMC Fitness Center
To use the LMC Fitness Center, you must enroll in KNACT 110, 120, 130, or 140 (all are self-paced open entry/exit. Please see course descriptions for hours of operation.
The American Association of Community Colleges has worked with Student Insurance to provide a Domestic Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan to community college students. For more information on plans, coverage, and costs you can visit www.StudentInsuranceUSA.com.(Note: Los Medanos College and the Contra Costa Community College District make no formal endorsement of this plan. These materials are provided for information purposes only.)
Covered California is the government agency offering subsidized Obamacare plans for California. To obtain more information and obtain a quote, visit www.healthforcalifornia.com