LMC Food Pantry
The LMC Food Pantry was established in the spring of 2017 with a mission of providing free supplemental food and resources to students in their time of need. Whether you forgot to make your lunch, are waiting for your financial aid award, or are saving money for other expenses, we will help you.
Want to learn how to be more creative with what you pick up for the LMC Food Pantry?
Join us for a cooking demonstration and learn how.
FREE cooking demonstration and hands-on cooking activities!
- Tuesday, April 14, 1:00pm – 2:30pm in the Student Union
- Wednesday, April 29, 1:00pm – 2:30pm in the Student Union
- Thursday, May 14, 1:00pm – 2:30pm in the Student Union
What is the process to receive food?
- Students who visit the pantry must be currently enrolled LMC students.
- Students must show a current LMC College ID card to access food.
- Students will need to complete a (one time only) confidential intake form
Please note that items are available on a first come, first served basis and some times may not be in stock when you make your visit.
What is CalFresh?
Funded by the federal government, CalFresh is a nutritional program that can help
households buy healthy foods.
Are you a participant or recipient of Equal Opportunities Programs and Services (EOPS) or Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE), Puente Program, Math, Engineering, Science Achievement (MESA) Program, Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS), a former foster youth, or have been determined eligible for federal work study? You may potentially qualify for the CalFresh program.
Drop into the LMC Food Pantry or Office of Student Life for a free and confidential eligibility screening during business hours.
We depend on charitable donations to support the continued operation of the LMC Food Pantry. See below on how to contribute.
- We accept any non-perishable items including school supplies, personal care/hygiene products, feminine products, diapers, and formula (We cannot accept donations that are expired or opened) Bring items to the Food Pantry or Office of Student Life during business hours
- If you are interested in donating funds to support the LMC Food Pantry, please send a check payable to the Los Medanos College Foundation or donate online to the Los Medanos College Foundation with "Food Pantry" on the memo line.
- District Faculty and Staff consider a Payroll Contribution
Spread the Word- Share this resource with fellow students who can benefit from this resource. Your success is our success. Are you willing to share your story with us? If so, email your story to LMC Food PANTRY
Location: SS3-817 (located next to the Cafeteria)
Phone: (925) 473-7758
For information, please email the LMC FOOD PANTRY or call 925-473-7558