Forms & Resources
Zoom Cloud Recordings - July 1, 2021 Deletion
LMC Distance Education Forms
LMC & 4CD Distance Education Documents
- DE Position Paper, May 19, 2020
- Approved Title 5 Distance Education Revisions, March 17, 2019
- LMC Online Counseling Cranium Cafe Evaluation & Implementation Plan, November, 2019
- Assuring the Quality of Distance Education at LMC: A Gap Study, September, 2018
- LMC Distance Education Strategic Plan, February 2010
- LMC Distance Education Strategic Planning Grid, Approve May 11, 2015
- LMC Strategic Plan Update (Working Draft), May 2014
- LMC Substantive Change Proposal, December 2012
- LMC Distance Education Committee History, January 2015
- 4CD Distance Education Council Charge, May 2014
- Position Paper for Online Education at LMC, March 2004
Research Articles on Distance Education & Case Studies
Guidelines, Surveys, Standards & Recommendations for Distance Education
- Academic Senate for the California Community Colleges, Ensuring the Appropriate Use
of Educational Technology, Adopted Spring 2008
- California Code of Regulations, Title 5 CA ADC § 55200 - § 55210. Article 1. Distance Education
- California Community Colleges Distance Education Accessibility Guidelines, January 2011
- Guidelines for Required Instructional Materials in the California Community Colleges,
- Board Policy Report on Student Authentication, Oct 10, 2013
- CCC Student Authentication Summary Report, 2011-12
- @ONE-Principles for Quality Online Teaching, 2020
- LMC Regular and Effective Contact Policy, 2020
Distance Education Organizations, Training, News & Resources
- Academic Senate for the California Community Colleges, CURRICULM: Distance Education
- Online Network of Educators (@ONE): A variety of free or low cost training, online resources and research funded by
the California Community College Chancellor's Office Telecommunication and Technology
Infrastructure Program (TTIP).
- Online Education Initiative
Conferences on Online Teaching & Educational Technology
- Instructurecon is CanvasCon!, October 15, 2020 10:00am (MST) Virtually! Spark your teacherly soul with keynotes
and targeted presentations from folks who are changing the course of education. Meet
"in person" (i.e. in real time) with content, tech, and service providers whose tools
integrate seamlessly with Canvas to amplify the impact of teaching and learning. Ask
questions, get demos, make big plans for your digital classroom. New to Canvas? Know
it well, but are looking for creative new ways to use it? Choose from dozens of sessions
that can teach you how to do cool, new, powerful things with Canvas.
- DET/CHE 2020 Annual Conference: At this event, leaders in educational technology in California higher education will:
explore emerging trends with thought leaders in the field; share successes, innovations
and productive strategies with higher education colleagues; engage in a variety of
dynamic and engaging social networking events; tour exemplary higher educational technology
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference: The EDUCAUSE Annual Conference elevates the best thinking in higher education IT.
This is THE event where professionals and technology providers from around the world
gather to network, share ideas, grow professionally, and discover solutions to today’s
- OLC Accelerate: The Online Learning Consortium (OLC) Accelerate conference is focused on driving quality
in digital and online learning by creating a community learning space which focuses
on best practices and research in online education. Offers the ever popular Technology
Test Kitchen and Discovery sessions, which provides attendees the opportunity to interact
with experts in new and emerging eLearning technologies and topics.
- OLC Innovate: This Online Learning Consortium conference features an ongoing discussion revolving
around the potential of new technologies, methodologies, and practices, as well as
the process of implementing them. OLC Innovate is a smaller conference with intense
networking, and tends to focus on conversation, hands-on activities, and collaborative
- Online Teaching Conference 2020, June 17-19, Online: The OTC is an event for faculty, staff and administrators
who are engaged or interested in online education, including delivery of online services,
emerging technologies, student success, and library support. As an inter-segmental
conference focused on curriculum, pedagogy and technology to better online instruction,
learning, and student success, the OTC is an opportunity for educators to network
with colleagues, share knowledge, impart and receive best practices, and develop professionally.
Distance Education Training Opportunities
Looking for Past Workshops or Online Resources?
This Canvas shell is not intended to be a course; instead, it is an online location
that houses the online tutorials, teaching resources, and recordings of past workshops
that have been created by our LMC faculty, CVC-OEI instructors, and more. The calendar
at the bottom of the page includes upcoming DE events and trainings. These resources
will continue to be updated throughout the semester, so keep an eye out for new content!
This is an introduction into using Canvas. The course will take around five hours
to complete on your own, depending on your current level of proficiency with Canvas.
There are module resources for basic course design, gradebook and student feedback,
and making Canvas welcoming for students.
Becoming an Effective Online Instructor
If you have not had a chance to take this amazing course, you still have time to register
for the session coming up in October. All registration information can be found on
This 100% online course includes one synchronous hour per week, plus ongoing asynchronous
instruction and guidance over the 4-week period, with a fifth week allowed for final
submissions. Participants should expect to spend from 4-7 hours per week on BEOI course
content and course-building activities, depending on their level of familiarity with
online instruction. Participants are issued a BEOI Practice Canvas course shell where
they will create their homepage and modules. The Practice shell can later be copied
over to assigned class shells. Register in Grow!
Fall 2021, Oct. 4 – Oct. 31
Winter 2022, Jan. 3 – Jan 31
Spring 2022, Feb. 7 – Feb. 27
Spring 2022, March 7 – 27
Summer 2022, June 6- July 3
There is an opportunity for faculty who have completed a similar BEOI training to
receive the approval of the district (per our new union requirement). Please see
the information below regarding this opportunity.
If you have completed a training that covers the majority of the objectives and content
of the 'Becoming an Effective Online Instructor' course, you should fill out the Submission
for Comparable Training for Online Teaching at CCCCD and have the district review
your course/s as equivalent. The form will ask you for the comparable course you have
taken and for verification of completion. Upon submission, it will go to district
and your requirement will be waived if you meet the criteria listed at the top of
the form. Please complete and submit following form.
Submission for Comparable Training for Online Teaching at CCCCD