Forms & Resources
- LMC Distance Education Forms
LMC & 4CD Distance Education Documents
- Approved Title 5 Distance Education Revisions, March 17, 2019
- LMC Online Counseling Cranium Cafe Evaluation & Implementation Plan, November, 2019
- Assuring the Quality of Distance Education at LMC: A Gap Study, September, 2018
- LMC Distance Education Strategic Plan, February 2010
- LMC Distance Education Strategic Planning Grid, Approve May 11, 2015
- LMC Strategic Plan Update (Working Draft), May 2014
- LMC Substantive Change Proposal, December 2012
- LMC Distance Education Committee History, January 2015
- 4CD Distance Education Council Charge, May 2014
- Position Paper for Online Education at LMC, March 2004
Research Articles on Distance Education & Case Studies
- "Distance Education Report." Distance Education. California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office, Aug. 2013. Web. 8 Oct. 2013.
- Straumsheim, Carl. and Doug Lederman. "Teaching to Teach." Inside Higher Ed. 22 Nov. 2013. Web. Dec. 3 2013.
- "What We Know About Online Course Outcomes. Research Overview." Community College Research Center. Columbia University, 2013. Web. 7 Oct. 2013.
Guidelines, Surveys, Standards & Recommendations for Distance Education
- Academic Senate for the California Community Colleges, Ensuring the Appropriate Use of Educational Technology, Adopted Spring 2008
- California Code of Regulations, Title 5 CA ADC § 55200 - § 55210. Article 1. Distance Education
- California Community Colleges Distance Education Accessibility Guidelines, January 2011
- Guidelines for Required Instructional Materials in the California Community Colleges, January 2013
- Board Policy Report on Student Authentication, Oct 10, 2013
- CCC Student Authentication Summary Report, 2011-12
- @ONE-Principles for Quality Online Teaching, 2020
Distance Education Organizations, Training, News & Resources
- Academic Senate for the California Community Colleges, CURRICULM: Distance Education
- Online Network of Educators (@ONE): A variety of free or low cost training, online resources and research funded by the California Community College Chancellor's Office Telecommunication and Technology Infrastructure Program (TTIP).
- Online Education Initiative
Conferences on Online Teaching & Educational Technology
- Instructurecon 2019, July 9-11 in Long Beach, CA: The big Canvas conference and possibly the greatest Edtech conference on Earth. Join Canvas users from around the world for over 100 breakout sessions, endless networking opportunities, and pedagogic innovation and professional development.
- DET/CHE 2018 Annual Conference: At this event, leaders in educational technology in California higher education will: explore emerging trends with thought leaders in the field; share successes, innovations and productive strategies with higher education colleagues; engage in a variety of dynamic and engaging social networking events; tour exemplary higher educational technology installations.
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference: The EDUCAUSE Annual Conference elevates the best thinking in higher education IT. This is THE event where professionals and technology providers from around the world gather to network, share ideas, grow professionally, and discover solutions to today’s challenges.
- OLC Accelerate: The Online Learning Consortium (OLC) Accelerate conference is focused on driving quality in digital and online learning by creating a community learning space which focuses on best practices and research in online education. Offers the ever popular Technology Test Kitchen and Discovery sessions, which provides attendees the opportunity to interact with experts in new and emerging eLearning technologies and topics.
- OLC Innovate: This Online Learning Consortium conference features an ongoing discussion revolving around the potential of new technologies, methodologies, and practices, as well as the process of implementing them. OLC Innovate is a smaller conference with intense networking, and tends to focus on conversation, hands-on activities, and collaborative learning experiences.
- Online Teaching Conference 2019, June 17-19 in Anaheim, CA: The OTC is an event for faculty, staff and administrators who are engaged or interested in online education, including delivery of online services, emerging technologies, student success, and library support. As an inter-segmental conference focused on curriculum, pedagogy and technology to better online instruction, learning, and student success, the OTC is an opportunity for educators to network with colleagues, share knowledge, impart and receive best practices, and develop professionally.