About the LMC Foundation
Los Medanos College (LMC) Foundation finds the resources students need to succeed. We believe everyone - regardless of economic or ethnic background - should have the opportunity to pursue an excellent education. Since 1997, the LMC Foundation (LMCF) has been connecting the resources of corporations, foundations, and individuals to students and programs at LMC in need of financial support. Ultimately, successful students return these investments by strengthening our workforce and improving our communities.
Financial support is raised from corporations, foundations, individuals, and alumni. Money raised by the LMCF assists key initiatives:
Student Scholarships: Provide important financial support for students in need.
HOSTS - Help Our Students to Succeed: Provides financial assistance to students that face unexpected challenges, and helps keep at-risk students on campus and completing their degrees.
Department Support: Provides financial support for departments and programs including equipment, supplies, travel, professional development, and more.
The foundation’s work is essential because many of our students are from low or middle class backgrounds, often the first-generation to attend college, while many also work and raise children.
Board Members Information 2019-2020
- Beverly Bell, Educator
- Keanee Chu, Instict and Manufacturing Services Operations Leader, Corteva Agriscience
- Karen Corburn, Organizational Change and Leadership Development Consultant
- Dr. Bob Kratochvil, Los Medanos College, President
- Osbaldo Garcia, Pittsburg Branch Manager, Mechanics Bank, Foundation Treasurer
- Mike McGill, MMS Design Associates LAFCO Commissioner, Former Foundation Chair
- Tammy Papazian, Business Excecutive
- Leetha Robertson, Los Medanos College, Sr. Administrative Assistant,
- Mariane Smith, USS POSCO Ind., HR Director, Foundation Chair
- Mona FosterWhite, Attorney, Law Office of Mona M. FosterWhite, Foundation Secretary
- Dr. Trinh Nguyen, Los Medanos College, Director of College Advancement