About the LMC Foundation
Los Medanos College (LMC) Foundation finds the resources students need to succeed. We believe everyone - regardless of economic or ethnic background - should have the opportunity to pursue an excellent education. Since 1997, the LMC Foundation (LMCF) has been connecting the resources of corporations, foundations, and individuals to students and programs at LMC in need of financial support. Ultimately, successful students return these investments by strengthening our workforce and improving our communities.
Financial support is raised from corporations, foundations, individuals, and alumni. Money raised by the LMCF assists key initiatives:
Student Scholarships: Provide important financial support for students in need.
HOSTS - Help Our Students to Succeed: Provides financial assistance to students that face unexpected challenges, and helps keep at-risk students on campus and completing their degrees.
Department Support: Provides financial support for departments and programs including equipment, supplies, travel, professional development, and more.
The foundation’s work is essential because many of our students are from low or middle class backgrounds, often the first-generation to attend college, while many also work and raise children.
Board Members Information 2022-2023
- Beverly Bell, Educator
- Jeffrey Bui, Los Medanos College - Student & LMC Associated Students President
- Keanee Chu, Corteva - Instinct & Manufacturing Services Production Leader, Foundation Vice-Chair
- Karen Corburn, Organizational Change and Leadership Development Consultant
- Mona FosterWhite, Law Office of Mona M. FosterWhite - Attorney, Past Chair
- Bob Jones, Collins, Mason & Company - CPA CGMA
- Mike McGill, MMS Design Associates - LAFCO Commissioner, Foundation Chair
- Tammy Papazian, Business Executive
- Dr. Pamela Ralston, Los Medanos College - Interim President
- Leetha Robertson, Los Medanos College - Sr. Administrative Assistant, Foundation Secretary
- TBA, Los Medanos College, Director of College Advancement