The Equity and Inclusion Office coordinates professional learning (including Flex) activities through PDAC and the Local Planning Group (LPG) for Flex. Both groups are comprised of Faculty, Managers, and Classified Staff who review and approve all professional learning and Flex credit-eligible activities prior to implementation.
PLEASE NOTE: The Call for Flex for Fall 19 is now closed. Thank you for your interest!
Please visit the links below to submit a Variable Flex request for a workshop you would like to hold during the semester outside of Flex week or a Special Project activity.
To Schedule a room for your workshop on 25Live, click here for instructions: Process for Event Scheduling-2017 Important Note: You must be logged in to 25Live to reserve a room. Make sure you are not in "practice mode". Please contact Grace Villegas for additional help with 25Live at email@example.com
Other opportunities are available throughout the semester. Check the registration link for more information. Sign-in Sheet Template - Workshop Presenters: Have workshop participants sign-in at the activity. This sheet is used along with the required on-line registration names to verify attendance for Flex credit. Turn in the sheet to Mary Oleson after the activity.
MANY of your QUESTIONS are answered here:
- LMC Flex Information Page for 2019-20
Variable Professional Learning-Flex Proposal On-line Wufoo Request Form - Use this form if you would like to host an activity during the semester and would like to offer Variable Flex credit (maximum 10 credits per Academic year) to faculty attendees:
- Variable Flex - Instructions for Facilitators as of 7-20-16
- Special Projects Form: Use this form if you would like to attend an activity off campus or attend or complete a special activity or project and would like to receive Variable (maximum 10 credits per academic year) Flex credit for it. Complete the on-line form at the link and it will be sent to the Dean for their review and approval. The form will be returned to you by your Dean for you to attach to your final report which the Dean will sign off on and again return to you. You will attach the approved form to your Faculty Agreement form at the end of the Academic Year (Full-time faculty) and at the end of each semester (Adjunct Faculty)
- Leave Request - There is a check-off box for Flex credit which the Dean can pre-approve Variable Flex credit (maximum 10 credits per Academic year) when you attend a conference off-site. The Leave Request should be submitted to your Dean. Faculty Request for Leave form updated 8-14
- Faculty Flex Agreements (click on links below). Submit these documents to your Dean.
- Full-time Faculty Agreement Form for 2018-19
- Adjunct Faculty Agreement Form for Fall 2018
- Adjunct Faculty Agreement Form for SP19
State Chancellor's Office Guidelines for the Flexible Calendar:
Local Planning Group for Flex (LPG) Membership Roster -
Meets 4th Thursdays, 4 - 5 p.m. in CO-420
Faculty (Assigned by Academic Senate)
Managers (Assigned by President)
Note: Faculty and Manager PDAC and LPG's members overlap, with three (3) additional faculty added to LPG per the UF Contract language. The committees' meetings are scheduled on the same dates, with separate agendas, and the LPG meeting occurs immediately following the PDAC meeting.
For questions regarding Professional Learning and/or Flex, please contact:
Local Planning Group for Flex Chair, 2017-18: Vacant
Equity and Inclusion Office:
- Mary Oleson
- Professional Development Coordinator/PDAC Co-Chair
- (925) 473 - 7316