Systems Management and Technology Support
The Los Medanos College Information Technology department is dedicated to the service of providing access and support to technology for the mission of student success. LMC IT provides leadership and expertise of technology infrastructure for the college with continuing advancements in the field.
LMC IT manages and supports for both Pittsburg and Brentwood campus sites, including:
- IT Service Desk operations for phone and web ticket reception.
- Datacenter server infrastructure, virtualization technologies, and data integrity.
- Computer labs, network access, software, mobile and cloud compute technologies.
- Technology design standards and procurement for all Faculty and Administrative staff.
- Conference Center, Media and Events, smart classrooms, and teleconferencing.
- Collaboration on new construction and facilities projects requiring technology design.
- Keeping the campus informed of emerging technologies.
In conjunction with the Technology Advisory Group (TAG), strategic initiatives involving technology are reviewed with constituent groups and guidance provided to the Shared Governance Council.
Technology Systems Manager: Carl Chiu, firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance with technology issues, please click the button below to enter a request or go to https://help.4cd.edu.
ServiceDesk is completely web based. Using ServiceDesk, you will be able to do the following.
- Report an Issue: Submit a request and/or report a problem.
- View Solution: View quick references on common Questions & Answers (Q&A).
- My Summary: View your request history.
- Announcements: View organization-wide notifications posted by the IT department.
If you have questions about Canvas, Zoom, accessibility, library services, publisher integration in Canvas, Studio, Canvas sandbox requests, one-on-one help, or other education technology needs, please use the form below.
|Location:||LMC Pittsburg Campus
Library, 2nd level
|Hours of Operation:||
Monday through Friday
|Phone:||LMC IT Service Desk:
|Other important numbers:||District Helpdesk: