Systems Management and Technology Support
The Los Medanos College Information Technology department is dedicated to the service of providing access and support to technology for the mission of student success. LMC IT provides leadership and expertise of technology infrastructure for the college with continuing advancements in the field.
LMC IT manages and supports for both Pittsburg and Brentwood campus sites, including:
- IT Service Desk operations for phone and web ticket reception.
- Datacenter server infrastructure, compute virtualization services, and data integrity.
- Computer labs, network access, software, mobile and cloud compute technologies.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and remote access systems.
- Technology design standards and procurement for all Faculty and Administrative staff.
- Conference Center, Media and Events, smart classrooms, and teleconferencing.
- Collaboration on new construction and facilities projects requiring technology design.
- Keeping the campus informed of emerging technologies.
In conjunction with the Technology Advisory Group (TAG), strategic initiatives involving technology are reviewed with constituent groups and guidance provided to the Shared Governance Council.
Want to see our Plan? [LMC Master Tech Plan 2022-2028]
Technology Systems Manager: Carl Chiu, email@example.com
For assistance with technology issues, please click the button below to enter a request or go to: https://help.4cd.edu.
ServiceDesk is completely web based. Using ServiceDesk you will be able to get IT help or request equipment, and do the following:
- Report an Issue: Submit a request and/or report a problem.
- View Solution: View quick references on common Questions & Answers (Q&A).
- My Summary: View your request history.
- Announcements: View organization-wide notifications posted by the IT department.
If you have questions about Canvas, Zoom, accessibility, library services, publisher integration in Canvas, Studio, Canvas sandbox requests, one-on-one help, or other education technology needs, please click into the form below:
Instructional Technology Support Request Form
Do you have an event coming up? Click the following button to reserve IT A/V and staff support for your next on campus event.
LMC Event Audio-Video Support Request
LMC Information Technology
Located in the library at the Pittsburg Campus, 2nd level
Hours In-person by appointment: M – Th 8:00am - 6:00pm
LMC IT Service helpdesk: (925) 473-7767
District helpdesk: (925) 229-6888