Educational Planning Workshops
Available in a Live and Online Format for your Convenience and Safety
Register for an Educational Planning Workshop
These workshops will help you define your educational goal and select the courses that you will need to start your pathway to success, focusing on 1 of 6 specific areas of study (see below). During your session, you will get answers to specific questions, and create an educational plan for your semester. To ensure that you get the help needed, workshops are limited to 10 students per session and offered a secured Zoom meeting room monitored by an assigned counselor.
See below for our workshops.
Education Planning Workshop Themes
At the Education Planning Workshop you will:
- Develop a 1-2 semester Education Plan with specific courses based on your Major Degree or Certificate program and appropriate General Education pattern, if applicable
- Learn about Major requirements and General Education patterns such as IGETC, CSU GE, and Local Associate GE
- Have your math/ English courses evaluated and approved by a Counselor
- Place Counselor-recommended courses on to your educational plan
- Be able to ask questions and receive personalized answers and recommendations from a Counselor
To make the most out of your education planning workshop:
- You should have completed the Guided Self-Placement
- You should know how to use the InSite educational planning tool
- Have any unofficial transcripts or AP scores available during workshop to refer to, if applicable
- Register for a Workshop that corresponds with your Major Interest
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I attend Any Workshop?
No, you must register ahead of time online and you should select a workshop with a Learning, Major & Career Pathway that corresponds with your major interest. See list above for which majors fall into which Education Planning Workshop Theme.
- Will the Workshop be in Person?
No, all Education Planning workshops will take place via Zoom.
- How do I get information about accessing my workshop on Zoom?
You will receive an email to your INSITE EMAIL with the Zoom Meeting ID when you register. Please read this email in its entirety and make sure you bookmark or keep the email so you can access it readily on the day of your workshop.
Make a counseling appointment to revise an existing plan when returning to LMC so that, together with a Counselor, you can verify your plan and/or make any needed changes.