New Student Education Planning Workshops
Available in a Live and Online Format for your Convenience and Safety during COVID-19 Shelter-in-Place and facilitated by LMC Counselors.
This workshop is designed for first-time college students at Los Medanos College- whether you are a graduating high school student, starting college for the first time or in a long time as an adult learner, or transferring from another college. Developing your Education Plan with a Counselor helps you to stay on track to graduate and not take unneeded courses. You will be allowed to ask specific questions and receive personalized recommendations from a Counselor. The Education Planning Workshops will be offered in a small-group format based on LMC's Learning, Major & Career Pathways:
EDUCATION PLANNING WORKSHOP THEMES
At the Education Planning Workshop you will:
- Develop a 1-2 semester Education Plan with specific courses based on your Major Degree or Certificate program and appropriate General Education pattern, if applicable
- Learn about Major requirements and General Education patterns such as IGETC, CSU GE, and Local Associate GE
- Have your math/ English courses evaluated and approved by a Counselor
- Place Counselor-recommended courses on to your educational plan
- Be able to ask questions and receive personalized answers and recommendations from a Counselor
TO MAKE THE MOST OUT OF YOUR EDUCATION PLANNING WORKSHOP:
- You should have attended an Assessment & Early Registration (AER) Workshop
- You should know how to use the InSite educational planning tool
- Have any unofficial transcripts or AP scores available during workshop to refer to, if applicable
- Register for a Workshop that corresponds with your Major Interest
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I attend Any Workshop?
No, you must register ahead of time online and you should select a workshop with a Learning, Major & Career Pathway that corresponds with your major interest. See list above for which majors fall into which Education Planning Workshop Theme.
- Will the Workshop be in Person?
No, all Education Planning workshops held during Summer 2020 will take place via Zoom.
- How do I get information about accessing my workshop on Zoom?
You will receive an email to your INSITE EMAIL with the Zoom Meeting ID when you register. Please read this email in its entirety and make sure you bookmark or keep the email so you can access it readily on the day of your workshop.
Make a counseling appointment to revise an existing plan when returning to LMC so that, together with a Counselor, you can verify your plan and/or make any needed changes.