At the start of each semester, LMC holds "Opening Day" meetings to kick off the new term with classified professionals, faculty, and managers. The program typically includes updates on important topics of interest, an overview of upcoming institutional activities, employee recognitions, and/or dialogue sessions. Below are presentations shared as part of the Spring 2022 Opening Day activities held on January 21, 2022.
All-College Meeting, 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Program PPT
- presented by President Kratochvil
- Course Scheduling & Instructional Modalities
- presented by Vice President Hannum and Dr. Chialin Hsieh, Sr. Dean of Planning & Institutional Effectiveness
- 4CD Vaccination Requirement Update
- presented by Vice President Maxwell
- Student-Facing Communications — Enrollment Boost Efforts
- presented by Mr. Dave Belman, Dean of Student Success
- Spring Resources Update & Brentwood Center Update
- presented by Vice President Montoya
All-Faculty Meeting, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Spring 2022 Campus Engagement
- presented by Dean Belman and Ms. Teresea Archaga, Director of Student Life & International Students Programs
Opening Day Q&A
- Questions compiled from the Zoom chat during the All-College Meeting and All-Faculty Meeting
- Follow-up info on implementation of the district-wide vaccination requirement
- 1/26/22 campus-wide email sent by VP Maxwell