Physical Science at LMC
The Los Medanos College physical science department is a combination of astronomy, chemistry, engineering, physical science, and physics.
Physical science, the systematic study of the inorganic world, as distinct from the study of the organic world, which is the province of biological science. Physical science is ordinarily thought of as consisting of four broad areas: astronomy, physics, chemistry, and the Earth sciences. Each of these is in turn divided into fields and subfields. Knowledge of and experience with the creative process.
Why study physical Science?
- Understand the world around you and your role in that world
- Understand the role of Science plays in our society
- Develop skills of planning and conducting investigations, gathering information, team work and evaluating their findings
- Act responsibly when using scientific equipment and applying scientific knowledge.
- Attempt to find solutions to problems arising from their own needs and experiences in daily life
- Take a confident part in public debate and decision making about Science
The physical science floor is also home to the MESA center
Median wages for proffessions in the physical science fields : $49.99/hr, $103,990 annual.
Top industries are in government and educational services.
Information gathered from onetonline.org which is sponsored by the Department of Labor, 2017