CalWorks Mandatory Orientation Sign-Up
Los Medanos College offers additional resources for students who are currently receiving cash-aid from County Employment and Human Services offices in the form of cash aid/TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families).
The college has two programs which assist our county cash-aid recipients in transitioning from welfare to self-sufficiency:
- The LMC CalWORKs Program provides comprehensive academic resources to support county CalWORKs/TANF recipients with academics and work-ready skills that assist them in transitioning from the welfare system to long-term self-sufficiency. Sign up for an orientation below.
- The LMC CARE Program assists single parents in breaking the welfare dependency cycle by successfully completing college-level educational and training programs; and therefore, becoming more employable and economically self-sufficient. To inquiry about the CARE Program call (925) 473-7482.
- Are you currently receiving cash aid for you and/or your child?
- Are you working on an approved Welfare-to-Work (WTW) plan?
If you answered “yes” to either or both of the two questions above, please select the best date and time that works for you from the choices below to attend one of our new CalWorks student mandatory orientations
Things to know:
- Late arrivals will not be allowed
- Children are not allowed
New CalWorks Students
As a new CalWORKs student, you're required to attend our mandatory in-person orientation.
You can sign-up for one of the orientations online or over the phone. To sign-up online (below) please provide your contact information as well as selecting the best day and time that works for you. Otherwise, please feel to call our EOPS/CARE/CalWORKs Office front desk at 925.473.7480 to have them sign you up for an upcoming orientation.
Please have your LMC Student ID number ready along with your current phone number so they can assist you properly.
For a campus map, visit /maps/collegecomplex3and4-letter.pdf