California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids

CalWORKs Continuing Student Checklist

  • Register for classes via Insite
  • Attend the continuing student CalWORKs Orientation every semester
  • Submit the following documents to your Welfare-to-Work Worker:
    • CalWORKs / CARE Application
    • Book Voucher, Supply Voucher, and Parking Permit Voucher
    • Educational Plan
    • Class schedule
    • Grades from previous semester
  • Ensure ed. plan is up to date
  • Ensure your Welfare-to-Work worker has copies of all attendance reports from previous semester
  • Complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application in Spring of each- FAFSA Application
  • Submit the signed CalWORKs/CARE application and vouchers to the LMC CalWORKs Office
  • Take signed vouchers to LMC Bookstore- if not certified by LMC CalWORKs Office, the bookstore will not honor them.
  • Submit all attendance reports and Academic Progress Report on time for each month of the semester
  • Check deadlines for the semester