Resource Allocation Process (RAP)
- Resource Allocation Process (through the Shared Governance Council)
Overview of RAP
Outlined below are key elements of LMC's Resource Allocation Process:
- The Budget Request Database (BRD) enables the College to aggregate resource requests, produce ad-hoc management reports regarding our campus-wide budget needs, and receive new/updated requests at any time. The database is available online for members of the College community to review:
- Funding requests from Program Review are transferred directly into the BRD.
- The College now has a centralized repository of campus-wide resource requests.
- The Vice Presidents and Deans will prioritize allocations that address immediate needs in their areas, and a report of these allocations will be provided to SGC each fiscal year.
- Discretionary budgets have been established under the Vice President of Instruction and Vice President of Student Services.
- Business Services will develop a set of guidelines related to available resources at the front end of the RAP cycle – setting realistic expectations regarding funding levels.
- Resource request forms are available online to facilitate the submission process.
- Review of the BRD by SGC will occur twice a year: once in the Fall semester, and once in the Spring semester.
RAP Request Deadlines & Process Timeline
Fall -- Requests must be submitted to LMC Business Services by September 30th
Spring -- Requests must be submitted to LMC Business Services by March 31st
Please find overview - 1 year cycle - of RAP Process Timeline below.
Steps for Submitting a RAP Request
To submit a budget request, simply:
- Complete the form.
- Route the electronic form to your department/program supervising manager for review and electronic signature.
- Submit the completed, signed request to Business Services for entry into the BRD.
You will receive an email confirmation from Business Services, once your request has been reviewed and entered into the BRD (usually within 10 days).
Below are helpful tips for filling out the budget request form:
- Complete the entire form – incomplete forms may delay acceptance and/or approval of your request.
- Be sure to connect your request to an Educational Master Plan objective – https://www.losmedanos.edu/planning/LMC_EducationalMasterPlan2020-2025_Final.pdf (see pages 39-46).
- To facilitate the review of your request, include concise and clear narratives and supporting data.
- Position classification information can be found on the District website at:
Salary schedule information is also available on the District website:
SALARY SCHEDULES (4cd.edu)
- Benefit projections change each year, so please check with LMC Business Services for the most current budgeted percentages.
- Actual estimates or price quotes are encouraged, but not required.
Additional RAP Information Internal Use Links
Additional information regarding the RAP process including previous announcements, funding priorities, rating rubrics, and approvals can be found either on our L drive or share-point utilizing the links below.
Link to the SharePoint of Business Services
Jinpa Tharchin Business Services Supervisor 925-473-7342 firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Inzunza Accountant, Grants 925-473-7346 email@example.com