General Information for Vocational Nursing Applicants
Spring 2018 LVN Program Conditionally Accepted Candidates
Click on the link below to view the list of Conditionally Accepted Candidates for the Spring 2018 LVN Program.
- Conditional Acceptance Notifications will be e-mailed via InSite e-mail only on Wednesday November 29, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
- Completed and Signed Conditional Acceptance Notifications must be returned via e-mail only on or before 3:00 p.m. on Friday December 1, 2017.
Spring 2018 LVN Program Alternate Candidates
Click on the link below to view the list of Alternate Candidates for the Spring 2018 LVN Program.
- Conditional Acceptance-Alternate Notifications will be e-mailed via InSite e-mail only on Wednesday November 29, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
- Completed and Signed Conditional Acceptance-Alternate Notifications must be returned via e-mail only on or before 3:00 p.m. on Friday December 1, 2017.
- Should a position become available for entry in to the Spring 2018 LVN Program, alternate candidates will be notified via the telephone number provided in the program application.
The Vocational Nursing Program requires three semesters of academic work and clinical experience which meets the Basic Curriculum guidelines set forth in Section 2533, Rules and Regulations of the Board of Vocational Nurse and Psychiatric Technician.
These Guidelines are:
The Vocational Nursing Program shall include, but is not limited to, theory and correlated clinical experience which develops the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to care for clients of all ages in current health care settings. The curriculum content is taught in a sequence that results in student’s progressive mastery of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Philosophy and Objectives
The Vocational Nursing program abides by the general policies of Contra Costa Community
College District and supports the educational philosophy of Los Medanos College.
Vocational Nursing is an integral and essential part of all nursing. The Vocational Nursing program is a self-contained course of nursing education which draws identifiable concepts from nursing and blends them into such an integrated whole of learning experiences to produce an effective practitioner within the defined scope of practice.
The vocational nurse is prepared to assume responsibility under the direction of a registered nurse or physician when giving nursing care in simple situations and assisting with nursing care in more complex nursing situations.
Catalog Rights do not pertain to pre-requisite courses and program requirements
More information for Vocational Nursing Students: