LMC Connect (powered by Starfish) is an "early alert" technology and communication
tool that will help the LMC community identify students who need additional support
in real time and connect students with critical resources. Faculty and staff are able
to raise concerns (flags) and send positive reinforcement (kudos) related to students'
performance that will activate the LMC Connect support network.
(+) Click to expand the transcript for the image above
- In Spring 2018 there were 130 Flags raised manually. In Spring 2019, there was a 17% increase with 152 Flags raised manually.
- In Spring 2018 there were 158 Kudos given manually. In Spring 2019, there was a 91% increase with 301 Kudos given manually.
- In Spring 2018 there were 173 Flags raised through survey. In Spring 2019, there was a 221% increase with 556 Flags raised through survey.
- In Spring 2018 there were 389 Kudos given through survey. In Spring 2019, there was a 188% increase with 1,122 Kudos given through survey.
How does LMC Connect support student success?
Resources and Training Materials:
- New Users Training Packet (setting up your account)
- Flags and Kudos Training Packet
- How to Complete the Progress Survey
- Faculty Advising and Mentoring (FAM) Training Packet
- LMC Student Services Flag- Support Survey
- How to Resolve/Clear Flags
For additional support, please email us at: LMCConnect@losmedanos.edu