What is an Internship?
An internship is a supervised pre-professional learning experience for a limited period of time, in which students:
- Apply skills and knowledge
- Job exposure
- Test drive career
- Foot in the door
- Build professional references
Internship Websites (All Majors)
Career Services is here to help our students and alumni reach their career goals. We offer a variety of services, including career counseling, career exploration, assistance with job and internship search, resume and cover letter, and interviewing.
For more information please visit: https://www.losmedanos.edu/studentservices/career/
Earn College Units for Your Internship
Los Medanos College offers students Internship Courses that are structured to ensure you get the most out of your internship.
In the internship course you will be:
- Connected to an instructor in your field of study
- Mentorship and guidance through your internship
- Gain up to 4 college units per semester for your internship
- You do not attend a class, your internship is the class!
- It is the responsibility of the student to secure their own internship placement.
For more information please visit: https://www.losmedanos.edu/cwee/
To register for an internship course, contact Cynthia Perez-Nicholas at firstname.lastname@example.org