Welcome to NextUp
NextUp assists students under age 26 who identify as current or previous foster care recipients. NextUp is also known as Cooperating Agencies Foster Youth Educational Support (CAFYES).
The EOPS/NextUp program is committed to providing a holistic and supportive approach to our current and former foster youth students. We strive to provide an open, understanding, and structured program to assist our students with their academic, career, and personal goals. Our hope is to connect our youth to support services for foster youth at Los Medanos College and act as a liaison to resources both on and off campus.
- Academic, Career, and Personal Counseling
- Priority Enrollment
- Meal Assistance
- College Supplies
- Transportation (gas cards/bus passes)
- Educational Grants
- Housing Grants/Support
- And much more
Our message to students:
BELONG - THRIVE - SUCCEED
- You belong here! NextUp embraces your unique journey and fosters growth both on campus and beyond.
- Thrive academically, emotionally, and socially with personalized support and mentorship.
- Unleash your strengths and tap into your incredible potential to achieve your dreams.
- It’s your time to shine and create your legacy of success.
To be eligible for NextUp you must:
- Be a current or former foster youth whose dependency was established or continued by the court after your 13th birthday (must provide written verification)
- Be no older than 25 at the beginning of any academic year you participate in NextUp
- Working towards enrollment in 9 units