Adopted in Oct 2019
Access, Equity, Inclusion, Dignity and Respect
Los Medanos College focuses on equity through student learning and success by centering inclusive practices and prioritizing the engagement of our students, employees, and community.
Meeting the Community’s Needs
In collaboration with the community, Los Medanos College is building a plan that meets the academic, civic, career and workforce needs of our region and is responsive to the changing social and economic landscape in which we operate.
Student Centered Curriculum, Course Scheduling, and Student Services
Los Medanos College is committed to offering quality programs with clear educational pathways to ensure the course scheduling process has a student-centered focus aimed at providing access, retention, persistence and success.
Los Medanos College strives to meet enrollment target goals in order to ensure fiscal stability and steward resources in a manner that serves the needs of the diverse population of our community.
adopted in 2012
I. Central to the College Mission: CTE, Developmental and Transfer
- Course, program, term and student
- Innovative new courses and programs within the mission
II. Student Centered
- Student demand
- Minimal conflicts
III. Comprehensive Programs
- Pittsburg and Brentwood
- Keep electives to a minimum
IV. Outcomes Oriented
- Retention, success and persistence
- Certificate/degree completion
- Transfer/job placement
V. Educational and Fiscal Integrity
- Expired COORs, online supplements, pre-requisites, etc.
- Productivity, multiple sections
- Additional costs and services
- Position college for grants, industry support, etc.
- Outdated programs