DSPS Jump Start Sessions for
High School Seniors
Note: Students continuing in CBI programs are NOT eligible to attend
- Set up academic accommodations early.
- Get education planning with DSPS counselors.
- Get help registering for classes.
To sign up:
- Complete an online LMC application.
- Take the LMC online Multiple Measures Assessment placement (MMAP). These short surveys in English and math help your counselor select the best classes for your education plan.
- Take the online LMC orientation. The online orientation is for all students at LMC. The online orientation will provide you the remaining steps to get started at LMC and provide information about programs, services, and other requirements that will help you succeed in college. You may want to allow 30-60 minutes to view all the videos in the orientation and complete the quiz.
- Submit disability documentation prior to your chosen session. See details below. You are not able to register for DSPS Jump Start sessions without providing disability documentation prior to the event.
- Once documentation is submitted to DSPS, you may call 925.473.7471, email Sylvia Benzler firstname.lastname@example.org or come to the DSPS office to sign up.
- 2020 Jump Start Session dates are listed below:
Jump Start sessions are two days. The first session is to set up accommodations for new students; the second session is education planning. Students must attend both sessions.
Jump Start Session 1 Accommodations - All sessions from 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Tuesday, April 14
- Wednesday, April 15
- Thursday, April 16
- Tuesday, April 21
- Wednesday, April 22
- Thursday, April 23
Jump Start Session 2 Education Planning - All Sessions from 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Tuesday, May 5
- Wednesday, May 6
- Thursday, May 7
- Tuesday, May 12
- Wednesday, May 13
- Thursday, May 14
Jump Start Session 1 Accommodations - All Sessions from 4:00pm - 7:00pm.
- Tuesday June 2
Jump Start Session 2 Education Planning - All Sessions from 4:000pm - 7:00pm
- Thursday, June 4
All students are highly encouraged to also attend High School Senior Saturday on April 25 or May 2, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. More information available through your high school..