Distance Education Professional Development
The California Virtual Campus-Online Education Initiative (CVC-OEI) supports LMC as we transition from face-to-face instruction to a temporary remote learning experience for our students.
- CVC-OEI Instructional, Student Services, and Shared College Resources Information
- A full listing of upcoming webinars, trainings, and open office hours
- CVC-OEI On-Demand Webinar Recordings
LMC Archived Webinars
- How to Caption a YouTube Video - William Beers
- How to Import a Canvas Course Cartridge - William Beers
- How to Format a Document for Respondus - William Beers
- Honorlock Secure Proctored Live Training for LMC
- Creating Canvas Discussion Board Posts-Julie Von Bergen
- Creating a Rubric in Canvas- Julie Von Bergen
Distance Education Resources
- @ONE--Network of Educators coordinated by the California Virtual Campus-Online Education Initiative (CVC-OEI) Resources
- Online Network of Educators (@ONE) Course List. Many are free and self-paced.
- Getting Started with TechSmith Relay
- Free access to TechSmith Snagit and Video Review through June 30th, 2020
- Using the Hypothesis LMS App with Assignments in Canvas
- Using the Hypothesis LMS App with Modules in Canvas
- Labster - A million dollar lab one click away. Coming Soon!
- Share library materials with your students through Canvas
- Secure Your Zoom Session from "Zoom-Bombing"
Resources to Share With Your Students
- Chrome Extensions for Struggling Students and Special Needs
- Reduced Cost or Free Internet Access
- Free Electronic Textbooks
Student Services Support Resources