Preparation for the English
We strongly recommend that you review the Reading Comprehension and Sentence Skills portions of the Accuplacer Sample Questions and the study guides and pre-test below before taking the English assessment. (Note: LMC does not administer the WritePlacer test).
Sample questions and study guides:
- Download Accuplacer iPhone Study App
- Download Accuplacer Web-Based Study App
- Accuplacer Sample Questions.pdf
- Sentence Skills Study Guide.pdf
- Reading Pre-test.pdf
The English assessment consists of two sections. The sections are Reading Comprehension and Sentence Skills.
There are 20 questions in the Reading Comprehension section divided into two two content areas:
- The first type of question consists of a reading passage followed by a question based on the text.
- The second type of question, sentence relationships, presents two sentences followed by a question about the relationship between these two sentences.
There are 20 questions in the Sentence Skills section divided into two content areas:
- Questions that ask you to choose the most appropriate word or phrase to substitute for the underlined portion of the sentence.
- Questions that ask you to rewrite a sentence according to the criteria shown while maintaining essentially the same meaning as the original sentence.