Early Childhood Education

Careers for People with an Early Childhood Education Certificate/Degree

A major in Early Childhood Education provides sound preparation for a career with children and families.

  • Preschool Teacher
  • Elementary School Teacher
  • Assistant Teacher
  • Infant/Toddler Teacher
  • Child Care Provider
  • In-home Family Child Care Owner
  • Child Advocate Recreation Leader
  • Social Worker
  • Pediatric Health Specialist ( nurse, physician, etc.)

For further information on California‚Äôs requirements for teaching young children, refer to the CTC  Permit Matrix. 

CTC Child Development Permit Matrix

CTC Permit Information

Wonder what education and experience you need to become a childcare provider or educator of children birth to 5?  The California Child Development Permit has information on what the requirements are.

Career Spotlight

graphic bar decoration

Questions? Contact Us