LMC Professional Development & Learning
The mission of LMC’s Professional Development and Learning Program is to strengthen and support a dynamic learning environment that promotes and enhances the personal, professional and organizational development for all employees - with the ultimate goal of student success.
LMC was founded in 1976 on the principles of continuous development and professional growth of its employees and, to this day, professional learning is a respected and practiced value of our campus culture.
The Shared Governance Professional Development Advisory Committee (PDAC) and the Local Flex Planning Group (LPG) work closely with professional development staff to plan and coordinate a variety of trainings, conferences, and activities that engage employees in their professional growth in areas such as Teaching and Learning, Cultural Humility and Equity, Technology, Health, Wellness and Safety, and Leadership and Management. Inclusion, Assessment and Community Building are integrated into all aspects of Professional Development.
As you explore these webpages you will find information about our new state-of-the-art Professional Learning Center, how to participate in LMC’s wide variety of innovative learning opportunities and important professional learning documents, forms and other useful resources for your personal and professional growth.
Your input and participation in any activities in the above areas are encouraged. If you are interested in learning more or would like to join PDAC or LPG, please feel free to Contact Us! Mary Oleson, Program Coordinator at email@example.com (925) 473-7316 (ext. 37316) or Sabrina T. Kwist, Dean, Equity and Inclusion (925) 473-7314 (ext. 37314).
PD Goals and Objectives and Mission, Guidelines and Outcomes -
- 2013-2015 Goals and Objectives Approved 05-23-13
- PDAC MINI-GRANT PROCESS 2017-18 (Please visit Equity Focused Mini-grants to take you to the Equity Plan webpage and the Equity Plan Mini-grants.
- PDAC Mini-grant Announcement for 2017-2018
- PDAC Mini-Grant Rubric 11-3-16
- PDAC Conference and Nexus funding Review and Approval Timeline for 2017-18
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE (PDAC) (A Shared Governance - Brown Act governed committee)
PDAC is responsible for the coordination of professional learning activities on campus. Its members are comprised of Classified, Faculty, Managers. and Students who meet monthly (4th Thursdays, 2 - 4-5 p.m. in CO-420 or L-215).
Local Planning Group for Flex (LPG) Review and approves Professional Learning (Flex) activities (a United Faculty contractually mandated committee - not a Brown Act Committee)
The Local Planning Group for Flex (LPG) meets the 4th Thursday of the month, immediately following PDAC, at 4-5 pm.
*Denotes PDAC member also
- *Courtney Diputado, Education Technology
- *Shondra West, Sr. Admin. Asst, Office of Instruction (Pending)
- *Eric Sanchez, Art/Drama/Journalism
- *Josh Bearden, Social Science Faculty
- *Erlinda Jones, Child Development Faculty
- *Sabrina Kwist, Dean, Equity and Inclusion
- *Carla Rosas, 3SP Director
- *Marco McMullen, LMCAS Representative
- Courtney Diputado, Education Technology Trainer, D2L Support (Classified)
- Sabrina T. Kwist. Dean of Equity and Inclusion/Co-Chair/LPG Member
- Tess Caldwell, Equity Professional Development Facilitator (.25)
- Mary Oleson, PDAC Co-Chair/Program Coordinator, Equity and Inclusion Office
- Hannah Tatmon, Office Assistant 1 (Hourly), Office of Equity and Advancement
- Vacant, Equity Professional Learning Facilitator (.25)
PDAC's invites all staff to join workgroups through which campus professional learning initiatives and related allocations of resources are made. Equity, inclusion, collaboration, and assessment are woven throughout its activities.
Health and Wellness - Meets 2nd Monday of the Month 3-4 p.m. in CO-420 (May also meet 4th Mondays as needed)
Classified Professional Development
Teaching and Learning
Welcome/Orientation Lunch for New Employees
For questions regarding Professional Learning and/or Flex, please contact:
Local Planning Group for Flex Chair: Vacant
PDAC Co-Chair/Program Coordinator:
- Mary Oleson
- Professional Development Coordinator/PDAC Co-Chair
- (925) 473 - 7316
Hannah Tatmon, Office Assistant 1, Classified Hourly, Equity and Inclusion Office