The Los Medanos College marketing team has been recognized with eight Medallion Awards from the National Council for Marketing and Public Relations District 6, which serves two-year colleges in southwestern United States. The college’s marketing team members include Director Barbara Cella, Senior Web Administrator Eloine Chapman, and Media Design Specialist John Schall.
The NCMPR District 6 Medallion Awards recognize outstanding achievement in communications at community and technical colleges in District 6. It’s the only regional competition of its kind that honors excellence exclusively among marketing and public relations professionals at two-year colleges. The NCMPR District 6 Medallion Awards are awarded in levels of gold, silver, and bronze.
Los Medanos College was recognized for:
- Gold Medallion in the category of Banner or Outdoor Media – “Planning to Transfer?”
- Gold Medallion in the category of Website – “Los Medanos College Official Website”
- Silver Medallion in the category of Poster – “How I Learned to Drive”
- Silver Medallion in the category of Banner or Outdoor Media – “Be a Major Success”
- Silver Medallion in the category of Original Photo – “You Look Great”
- Silver Medallion in the category of Logo Design – “Vision 2020”
- Bronze Medallion in the category of Brochure/Flyer – “Career and Technical Education”
- Bronze Medallion in the category of Original Photo – “Committed and Proud”
The awards were presented Friday, September 28, at the conclusion of the NCMPR District 6 Conference in Santa Barbara, California. Los Medanos College was competing with more than 200 entries received from colleges in NCMPR District 6.
“The Medallion Awards recognize excellence in community college marketing,” said Amber Chiang, director of NCMPR District 6. Often, community college marketing departments are designed to make other departments on campus look good. This is an opportunity to recognize the contributions of marketing staff and achievement in community college communications.”
District 6 includes community colleges in Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Utah, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Republic of Palau, Republic of the Marshall Islands and Territory of Guam.
The National Council for Marketing & Public Relations is the only organization of its kind that exclusively represents marketing and public relations professionals at community and technical colleges. As one of the fastest-growing affiliates of the American Association of Community Colleges, NCMPR has more than 1,550 members from more than 650 colleges across the United States, Canada and other countries.