Major and Career Exploration Resources
- Career Coach This site provides LOCALIZED information and the most current data on wages, employment, job postings, and educational opportunities and training in the Contra Costa and San Francisco Bay Area.
- What Can I Do With This Major? Eighty majors are described with career areas and typical employment descriptions.
- MyPlan.com This database profile key majors and highlights career fields one can pursue.
LMC Majors Handouts
- Administration of Justice
- Biological Science
- Chemistry - coming soon
- Child Development
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science- coming soon
- Engineering- coming soon
Want to know the course requirements for these LMC majors? Check out the degree checklist here!
- Vault Vault provides in-depth intelligence on what it’s really like to work within an industry, company, or profession—and how to position yourself to launch and build the career you want. Vault is best known for its influential rankings, ratings, and reviews on thousands of top employers and hundreds of internship programs.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook Created by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), this is the nation′s premier source for career information! The profiles featured here cover hundreds of occupations and describe What They Do, Work Environment, How to Become One, Pay, and more. Each profile also includes BLS employment projections for the 2010–20 decade.
- O*NET: Occupational Information Network The O*NET system serves as the nation's primary source of occupational information, providing comprehensive information on key attributes and characteristics of workers and occupations. The O*NET database houses this data and provides easy access to that information.
- Holland Interest Code Job Titles: Already know your Holland Code? This site will list jobs that involve your top interests. Not sure what your Holland Code is? Start here.
- California Career Zone Explore your interests, skills and workplace values. Research "job families" and occupations. Find colleges based on majors and discover how much your education will cost. If you create a free account, you can save your results and also create resumes and more.
- California Career Cafe A virtual Career Services for California Community College Students. Get help choosing a pathway, getting experience, getting advice and finding a job.
- Salaryexpert Find out what kind of salary you can expect in your area for specific jobs.
- California Career Resource Network - Don't know how much money you will need to earn in the future? Don't know which occupation to choose? Wondering if your chosen occupation will pay you enough to live on in California? Check out this site.
- Glassdoor.com - Provides an inside look at salaries, reviews and interview questions posted by employees at more than 300,000 organizations. Content includes actual interview questions and reviews for specific employers from previous interview candidates; specific salary, bonus, and commission details; and reviews of the company culture and working conditions.
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)An authoritative resource on how to prepare for and pursue a career in medicine. This site also features a unique online community where students can have their questions answered by medical school experts on a range of topics from the MCAT, to financial aid, to preparing for medical school interviews.
- The Art Career Project Think there are no "real" jobs for artistic types? Think again. This website provides information on career options for artists.
- Ed.gov An official U.S. government web site designed for college students and their families. Their mission is to provide you with easy access to information and resources from the U.S. government – all the info you need, in one place, from all parts of the government.
Teaching Certification www.teaching-certification.com - Find information on becoming a teacher and the different
certifications required and available by state. Also provides a list of schools that
offer teaching credentials.
- Careersinpsychology.org A resource for students that are interested in pursuing a career in the field of psychology. The site has career and licensure info, jobs, experts (some of the top psychologists in the world), and internships.
- Public Service Careers Interested in public safety, healthcare, education, emergency management, or law? This website provides a great overview of these fields and more!