1. Calendar
  2. Library
  3. News
  4. A-Z Index
  5. Directory
  6. Español
  7. Online Classes
  8. InSite

Transfer Programs & Services

Your path to transfer success!


Welcome to Transfer Programs & Services

Transfer Services is now located on the upper level of our New Student Services Center in room 435.


News & Events


- Univ. Rep Appointments

- University Tours

- Workshops

Where to Transfer

-Application Dates

-Concurrent Enrollment

-Transfer Guarantee Programs

Transfer Academy

news services where to transfer transfer academy
Check out what is coming up - Get event information and transfer tips.

Find all the ways you can get help on your road to transferring.

Explore common types of four year institutions.


If you can enroll in English 90, 100, 221 AND Math 27, 30, or 34 you might be eligible for the Transfer Academy.


tour so calWhat does it mean to transfer?

There are several types of degrees you can earn in institutions of higher education (colleges, universities).  The amount of classes and type of work needed depends on the degree desired.  The most common degrees include Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's and Doctorate's (PhD).


Community and Junior Colleges, such as Los Medanos College, award Associate's degrees but do not historically award Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate's degrees.  Nevertheless, Community and Junior Colleges can help you get started on your Bachelor's degree, which you will finish at a 4 year college or university.  A four year college or university generally means any college or university that awards at least Bachelor's degrees and often Master's or Doctorate's.


We call it “transferring” when you decide to start the work on your Bachelor's degree at a community or junior college, like Los Medanos College, but finish at your desired 4 year college or university.  Essentially, you are “transferring” the credit you earned here at LMC to your future 4 year college/university to complete your Bachelor's degree.


You do not need to earn an Associate's degree to earn a Bachelor's degree, but if you would like to do so, you can.  Depending on your major, you can generally earn an Associate's degree and prepare to transfer at the same time.