Marketing and Communications
Marketing and Media design department
The marketing team: Eloine Chapman (web adminstrator), Barbara Cella (marketing director), John Schall (graphic designer)
The Marketing and Media Design Department is responsible for all college-wide marketing and public relations efforts including print and web. The department develops and implements strategies to increase awareness of Los Medanos College, help shape and enhance the College's image, and advance its objectives through integrated, strategic communications.
The Marketing and Media Design Department serves:
- to inform students about Los Medanos College programs, services and events that are resources to achieving their educational goals and thus contributing to their learning and success.
- to inform employees about issues and events that help them be effective in their roles to support student learning.
- to keep the community aware of Los Medanos College so that it will support the college and participate in partnership opportunities.
- to create high quality messaging with exemplary writing and design within budget.
Contact Barbara Cella regarding new projects.
Major projects include:
- Annual catalog and course schedules
- College website
- Recruiting publications and other communications
- Public relations/crisis communications.
Resources for Faculty, Staff and Administrators:
- Imagery such as the logo, photographs of students/staff/faculty/buildings
- Resources such as digital letterhead, table drapes, vinyl banners, signage
- Consultation services for flyers, posters, promotional text for print or web
- Training and support for web page development and content upkeep
- LMC homepage banner ads (very limited) to promote special events/special programs (not courses)/announcements/institution-wide initiatives
- We support the Student Services monthly e-news that is designed for and sent to current students (sent to LMC employees for reference) (Kathy Cullar 925-473-7432 or internal 37432)
- Public relations, press releases, main media contact & coordination
- Resources available: digital letterhead, branding style guide & writing style guide