The Office of Instruction provides academic management and support for all instructional programs, including program development and review, comprehensive course offerings, program staffing, and enrollment management to facilitate student success. The office is open Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 5:30 pm during the Fall and Spring semesters.
Summer hours are Monday - Thursday, 7:30 am- 5:30 pm, the campus is closed on Friday during June and July. The office may be open later hours by arrangement.
- Reporting Absences - call 925/969-7000 x78189 or 925/439-2181 x78189 before 3:00 p.m. Please report all absences as early in the day as possible. If you have an emergency and it is close to your class starting time please call 925/473-7409) so the information can be posted on time.
Leave your name, reason for absence, classes you are cancelling, including the time and location for each class, and, if needed, a short message you may have for your students. (Absence Reporting E-mail)
- Substitutes - If you have been pre-approved as a substitute for an instructor you will need to complete a timecard (separate timecard for each section) and submit it for procesing.
- Payroll - all timecards due by the 16th of each month (some months may be earlier due to holidays/weekends.)
- Faculty Evaluations are conducted during the Fall and Spring Semester. For the Fall 2016 semester the student scantron should be submitted October 31st and final packets are due by December 2nd.
- Load Sheets for full-time faculty - must be signed prior to the start of each semester.
- Load Sheets for adjunct faculty - must be signed by the second week of each semester.
- Office Hours and 1st day Handouts must be submitted by the 1st day of each semester. You will not receive payment for office hours if you do not submit your office hour request form.
- Perkins Surveys - administered each semester for all CTE courses that are not positive attendance. For the Fall 2016 semester, surveys should be submitted TBD.
- TBA/Hours By Arrangement - documentation gathered each semester for all courses that have hours by arrangement. For the Fall 2016 semester, documentation should be submitted TBD.