DSPS has moved to CC2-254, in the College Complex, second floor (view map PDF)
Los Medanos College’s Disabled Students Programs & Services program provides specialized classes and support services to students with disabilities to allow them to fully participate in and benefit from courses at the college. Classes include reading, writing, spelling, arithmetic and computer skills. Services and accommodations include, but are not limited to, priority registration, alternative testing, adaptive computer technology, sign language interpreters, textbooks recorded onto a audio file and Braille.
When: Saturday, April 20 9:00 am-12:00 pm or Saturday, April 20 1:00 pm-4:00 pm
Who may attend: graduating high school seniors with disabilities
In order to attend you must:
1. Complete an LMC application online at: http://www.losmedanos.edu/highschool/
on or after March 1 for Fall 2013 and get your LMC student ID number in your email.
2. Take LMC’s placement test. LMC is coming to the high schools. The schedule will be posted at: http://www.losmedanos.edu/highschool/ under College Application Workshops.
3. Schedule an orientation appointment with DSP&S for April 20
4. Provide your disability documentation to DSP&S by April 15. Students without disability documentation and DSPS application will not be admitted to the DSP&S orientation. DSP&S would need your most recent IEP/504 plan and any LD testing and/or medical diagnosis for disability documentation.
5. Attend LMC New Student Orientation exclusively for graduating seniors on either April 27 or May 4. You must attend both this orientation and the DSPS orientation on April 20 to get an early registration appointment for fall classes.
For your convience, here is a MS Word document link to a High School Orientation flyer.
The DSPS Department offers workshops to those DSPS students who would like help with the registration process. Three workshops are scheduled, April 29 and 30 and May 6. The times are 3:00 pm until 5:00 pm. The workshops are held in the Library room L-213, which is on the second floor. No appointment is necessary.
General Office Information
Phone: (925) 439-2181, ext 3133
Monday -Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.