Disabled Students Programs & Services
Welcome to DSPS
Los Medanos College’s Disabled Students Programs & Services program provides specialized classes and support services to students with disabilities to allow them to fully participate in and benefit from courses at the college. Classes include reading, writing, spelling, arithmetic and computer skills. Services and accommodations include, but are not limited to, priority registration, alternative testing, adaptive computer technology, sign language interpreters, textbooks recorded onto a audio file and Braille.
Apply for DSPS services
General Office Information
(925) 439-2181, ext 3133
Monday -Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Who may attend: graduating high school seniors with disabilities. Students continuing in CBI programs are not eligible to attend these orientations.
Saturday April 26 9:00 am-1:00 pm
or Saturday May 3 9:00 -- 1:00 pm
In order to attend you must:
- Complete an LMC application online at: http://www.losmedanos.edu/highschool beginning February 15, 2014.
- Take LMC’s placement test. You may take the placement test at either LMC location or when LMC comes to your high school. The schedule will be posted at: http://www.losmedanos.edu/highschool/ under College Application Workshops.
- Provide your disability documentation to DSP&S (students without disability documentation will not be able to schedule their DSP&S Orientation appointment). DSP&S would need your most recent IEP/504 plan, most recent psychological report and any LD testing and/or medical diagnosis for disability documentation. DSP&S must receive your disability documentation by April 23, 2014 to sign up.
- Sign up to attend one of LMC’s New Student Orientations for High School Seniors. At the orientation, DSP&S will have a table for students to sign up for the DSP&S orientations. The ONLY place to register for the DSP&S Orientation sessions is onsite at the New Student Orientation for High School Seniors.
- Attend the DSP&S Orientation session. You will be able to register at the DSP&S Orientation sessions.
Please note: students must sign up with DSP&S during New Student Orientation for High School Seniors to attend DSP&S Orientation sessions. This information is available in two formats, a word document format flyer and a PDF flyer. Click on the links below to download.
Orientation flyer (MS Word)
Orientation flyer (PDF)