Serving far East Contra Costa County
Student Services & Administrative Offices - Brentwood Center
Office Phone: (925) 513-1625
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
For more information about any of the services listed below, please call or visit the Brentwood Center Office during our regular office hours.
Information, class schedules, enrollment/registration, prerequisites, graduation requirements, transcripts, etc.
- Information: (925) 473-7431
- Assessment information and testing schedule
The Brentwood Center bookstore is open for textbook sales the first two weeks of each semester only. Otherwise, the main campus bookstore in Pittsburg is open year round. For Pittsburg bookstore hours click here:Welcome | Los Medanos College Bookstore
LMC Bookstore Merchandise on sale at the Brentwood Center, Wednesday, December 9, 11:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Text Book Buy Back: December 15, 16, 17, 11:00 a.m - 7:00 p.m. Brentwood, Room 13.
Scantrons & Blue Books can be purchased anytime of the year from our Scantron vending machine located outside Classroom 3. The vending machine accepts cash only ($1s, $5s, and quarters).
Package of 6 100point = $3.00
Package of 15 15point = $2.50
Essay Scantron = $1.00
Small Blue Book = $.50; Large Blue Book = $.75
The Los Medanos College California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) Program’s main focus is to serve current TANF (cash-aid) recipients who are parents attending LMC as part of their Welfare-to-Work Activity (WTW) Plan. The program provides students with educational and career opportunities combined with an array of support services which help students to complete their educational goal, find meaningful employment, and successfully transition into the workforce.
A representative from CalWORKS is at the Brentwood Center on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month from 10:30 to 12:30. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call Catherine Fonseca at 925-473-7482, or email Catherine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Counselors are here to help you with choosing a major, understanding graduation requirements, transfer options, career planning, personal decision making and testing. Appointments, as well as some drop-in hours, are available between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 9:00 a.m - 12:00 noon on Fridays! Special Program Counselors in DSPS, Veterans, Foster Youth and Reengagement are also available each week. Please call the Brentwood Center office at 925-513-1625 to schedule an appointment, get our Express drop-in hours, or to find out more informatoin.
- NEW!! You can schedule your own general counseling appointment: on-line appointment system
- Counseling Workshops
- E-advising - Get answers to basic academic counseling questions via email
- New Student Workshops
- For more information about the LMC Counseling Department in Pittsburg Los Medanos College - Counseling
- Information and to schedule DSPS counseling appointments, (925) 473-7471
- Testing and accommodations in Brentwood, (925) 473-6902
- TEST TAKING WORKSHOP! Wednesday Nov. 18, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m., Room 14, with Nina Ghiselli
EOPS is a state-funded, student support service program established to promote the enrollment, retention, persistence, and success (i.e., transfer, degrees, certificates) of students from low-income, underrepresented backgrounds in higher education by offering services that are above, beyond, and in addition to services available to all Los Medanos College students.
A representative from EOPS/Care is at the Brentwood Center on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month from 9:00 - 12:00 noon. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call Robin Harrison at 925-473-7481 or email Robin at email@example.com.
Beginning Monday, November 2, the Financial Aid office at the Brentwood Center will be open five days per week! A representative will be able available to assist students with their Financial Aid needs during the following drop-in hours:
Monday and Thursday, 8:30 - 12:00; 1:00 - 5:00 pm (closed for lunch 12 - 1)
Tuesday and Wednesday, 10:30 - 2:00; 3:00 - 7:00 p.m. (closed for lunch 2 - 3)
Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 12:00 noon
For more information, please call 925-473-6917.
Computer, Math, and Science
- Librarian at the Brentwood Center, Thursdays, 3:00 - 5:00 p.m., Room 13. Schedule an appointment to meet an LMC Librarian for an in-depth look at the electronic resources and research tools available through the LMC Library. Our Librarian will assist you with eBooks (printing or saving sections), streaming video, and how to make clips and put them in presentations.
- Drop in Library Workshops in the Computer Lab Room 9 at the Brentwood Center, Wednesday, October 28 and November 18, 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
- Reserve Textbook Library, in front office. Over 200 textbooks on reserve for three-hour checkout. Stop by the front office to see if we have the book you need!
- Order books online from any library in CCCCD and pick up in Brentwood. Find the library item that you wish to request in the Library Catalog. Click on the Request/Hold link at the top of the record. Type your last name and student or employee ID number. Select the library where you would like to pick up your books and click "Submit".
- Library Electronic Resources, including ebooks, streaming videos, newspapers, magazine and journal articles are available to LMC students and employees 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from any computer with online access. Remote users will be prompted to log in using their last name and student or employee ID number.
Three-hour workshops for all incoming students. Learn the basics about attending LMC and create your Education Plan.
- Phone: (925) 473-6919
- Hours when school in session:
- Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.; Fridays, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
You'll find all the information you need about transfer, advising, workshops, college and university tours on the LMC Transfer Center web pages, or call the Transfer Center at 925-473-7444.
Upcoming CSU/UC Application workshop: Tuesday, November 10, 2:00-3:00 p.m. on UC applications, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. on CSU Applications, Brentwood Center, Room 9.
College & University Tours: Join LMC students and advisors on free college & university tours. See the Transfer Website for upcoming tour schedule. Bus pick up and drop off are available at both the Pittsburg and Brentwood campuses. Click this link to schedule a tour.
Counseling-Transfer Advising: A representative from CSU East Bay is at the Brentwood Center several times per semester to meet with students by appointment. Additional college and university representatives are available at the main LMC campus. Click the following link for a list of college reps and dates, and to schedule an appointment at either the Brentwood or Pittsburg campuses. Los Medanos College - Transfer Programs & Services.
LMC general Counselors can also assist you with your Transfer questions. To schedule a general counseling appointment, click here SARS·GRID On-line Appointment System.
Peer tutoring for a variety of subjects and Center for Academic Support consultants to help with reading and writing assignments.