Serving far East Contra Costa County
Student Services & Administrative Offices - Brentwood Center
Office Phone: (925) 513-1625
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Fridays, 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
services offered at the brentwood center
For more information about any of the services listed below, please call or visit
the Brentwood Center during our regular office hours.
Information, class schedules, enrollment/registration, prerequisites, graduation requirements, transcripts, etc.
- Information: (925) 473-7431
- Assessment information and testing schedule
The Brentwood Center bookstore is open for textbook sales for the first two weeks of each semester only (first week during Summer Session). We sell textbooks for classes at the Brentwood Center only. Otherwise, the main campus bookstore in Pittsburg is open year round to serve students at both the LMC Pittsburg and Brentwood campuses.
For Pittsburg bookstore hours click here:Welcome | Los Medanos College Bookstore
Scantrons & Blue Books can be purchased anytime of the year from our Scantron vending machine located outside Classroom 3. The vending machine accepts cash only ($1s, $5s, and quarters).
Package of 6 100point = $3.00
Package of 15 15point = $2.50
Essay Scantron = $1.00
Small Blue Book = $.50; Large Blue Book = $.75
Drop in Peer Tutoring in a variety of subjects, and Reading/Writing Consultants by appointment for one-on-one assistance with your reading and writing assignments are available through the Center for Academic Support Services offered at the Brentwood Center, Room 13.
COUNELING SERVICES - Academic Counseling
Our Counselors are here to help you with choosing a major, understanding graduation requirements, transfer options, career planning, personal decision making, and testing. For Special Program Counselors in DSPS, Veterans, Foster Youth, Reengagement, Wellness, and all other Counseling needs, please call the office.
Counseling appointments can be booked in three different ways:
1. In person at our office
2. Call the Brentwood Center office at 925-513-1625
3. Use the on-line appointment system by clicking here: SARS·GRID On-line Appointment System.
We also have Express Drop-In Counseling available most days for your quick questions. Drop-Ins are 10 minutes or less. Call or stop by the office to get our daily Drop-In hours.
- E-advising - Get answers to basic academic counseling questions via email
- Education Plan Workshops
- Probation, Reinstatement Workshops
- For more information about the LMC Counseling Department in Pittsburg Los Medanos College - Counseling
DSPS Counseling by appointment and accommodation services are available at the Brentwood Center.
- Please call the DSPS office at the Pittsburg campus at 925-473-7471 for information about services and to schedule counseling appointments in Brentwood. (Note that DSPS Counseling Appointments are not available in Brentwood during Summer Session).
- To schedule your class exam testing accommodations in Brentwood, Sharen McLean, (925) 473-6902
- For Placement (Assessment) Testing with accomodations, please contact Nicole Almassey, Pittsburg campus, 925-473-7431.
EOPS is a state-funded, student support service program established to promote the enrollment, retention, persistence, and success (i.e., transfer, degrees, certificates) of students from low-income, underrepresented backgrounds in higher education by offering services that are above, beyond, and in addition to services available to all Los Medanos College students. Call for an appointment.
The Financial Aid Office at the Brentwood Center is now open daily. Please call our Financial Aid representative, Phyllis Molina, at 925-473-6917, for information or to schedule an appointment.
Brentwood Financial Aid Office drop-in hours:
Monday and Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday, 2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Fridays, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Center for Academic Support (Reading/Writing Support, Peer Tutoring all Subjects) - Room 13
Computer Lab - Room 9
Math Lab - Room 15
Science Lab - Room 18
- Librarian at the Brentwood Center: Tuesdays, 10:00 to 1:00 pm, Wednesdays, 1:00 - 4:00 pm, and Thursdays 2:00 - 5:00 pm, Room 13! Need to start a research project? Just drop in or Schedule an appointment for an in-depth look at the electronic resources and research tools available through the LMC Library. Our Librarian will assist you with eBooks (printing or saving sections), streaming video, and how to make clips and put them in presentations.
- Reserve Textbook Library, in front office. Over 200 textbooks on reserve for three-hour checkout. Stop by the front office to see if we have the book you need!
- Order books online from any library in CCCCD and pick up in Brentwood. Find the library item that you wish to request in the Library Catalog. Click on the Request/Hold link at the top of the record. Type your last name and student or employee ID number. Select the library where you would like to pick up your books and click "Submit".
- Library Electronic Resources, including ebooks, streaming videos, newspapers, magazine and journal articles are available to LMC students and employees 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from any computer with online access. Remote users will be prompted to log in using their last name and student or employee ID number.
Three-hour workshops for all incoming students. Learn the basics about attending LMC and create your Education Plan.
Phone: (925) 473-6919
Hours when school in session:
Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Fridays, 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
For Emergencies dial 911, Police Assistance, non-emergency 24/7, 925-778-2441
Find information you need about transfer, advising, workshops, college and university tours on the LMC Transfer Center web page by clicking on the link above, or call the Transfer Center at 925-473-7444.
College & University Tours: Join LMC students and advisors on free college & university tours. See the Transfer Website for upcoming tour schedule. Bus pick up and drop off are available at both the Pittsburg and Brentwood campuses. Click this link to schedule a tour.
Counseling-Transfer Advising: A representative from CSU East Bay is at the Brentwood Center several times per semester to meet with students by appointment. Additional college and university representatives are available at the main LMC campus. Click the following link for a list of college reps and dates, and to schedule an appointment at either the Brentwood or Pittsburg campuses. Los Medanos College - Transfer Programs & Services.
LMC general Counselors can also assist you with your Transfer questions. To schedule a general counseling appointment, click here for the on-line appointment system.
Peer tutoring for a variety of subjects and Center for Academic Support consultants to help with reading and writing assignments.