Services at the Brentwood Center
OFFICE HOURS - Fall 2018
Monday - Thursday | 8:00am - 7:00pm
Friday | 8:00am - 3:00pm
Office: (925) 513 -1625
- Admissions & Records
Information, class schedules, enrollment/registration, prerequisites, graduation requirements, transcripts, etc.
- Assessment testing
- Information: (925) 473-7431
- Assessment information and testing schedule
The Brentwood Center bookstore is open for textbook sales for the first two weeks of each semester only (first week during Summer Session). We sell textbooks for classes at the Brentwood Center only. Otherwise, the main campus bookstore in Pittsburg is open year round to serve students at both the LMC Pittsburg and Brentwood campuses.
TEXTBOOK BUYBACK: Pittsburg Campus | 09.11.18 and 09.12.18
Be sure to bring all CDs, DVDs, and other supplemental materials that were purchase with your textbooks. For further information, click on the following link LMC Bookstore.
Still Need To Purchase a Textbook?
Visit the Pittsburg Bookstore! For Pittsburg Bookstore hours click here: Los Medanos College Bookstore
Scantrons & Blue Books
Scantrons and blue books can be purchased anytime of the year from our Scantron vending machine located outside room 3. The vending machine accepts cash only ($1s, $5s, $10s, and quarters). Be prepared for your upcoming exams and "Buy Your Scantrons Today!
- Package of 6 (100 point) = $3.00
- Package of 10 (15 point) = $2.50
- Essay Scantron = $1.00
- Small Blue Book = $0.50
- Large Blue Book = $0.75
- Academic Support
CENTER FOR ACADEMIC SUPPORT
The Brentwood Center for Academic Support in room 13, houses drop-in Peer Tutoring, Library and Reading/Writing Consultation Services.
Click on the following link, for more information about Peer Tutoring and Reading & Writing Consultation Services.
COUNSELING SERVICES - Academic Counseling
Our Counselors are here to help you with choosing a major, understanding graduation requirements, transfer options, career planning, personal decision making, and testing. For Special Program Counselors in DSPS, Veterans, Foster Youth, Re-engagement, Wellness, and all other Counseling needs, please call the office.
Scheduling A Brentwood Counseling Appointment
- In person at our office
- Call the Brentwood Center office at (925) 513-1625
- Use the on-line appointment system by clicking here: SARS·GRID On-line Appointment System.
Express Drop-In Counseling
Express drop-in counseling is available most days for your quick questions. Drop-Ins are 10 minutes or less. Call or stop by the office to get the daily drop-In hours.
- E-advising - Get answers to basic academic counseling questions via email
- Education Plan Workshops
- Probation, Reinstatement Workshops
- For more information about the LMC Counseling Department in Pittsburg Los Medanos College - Counseling
COUNSELING SERVICES - Mental Wellness
The Student Wellness Program is a partnership between the Contra Costa Community College District and JFK University’s Community Counseling Centers. The Program allows students to receive short-term therapeutic services that address the challenges they experience both in and out of the classroom. Private appointments are available at both the LMC Pittsburg and Brentwood campuses.
For more information, please call (925) 473-7459 or email: WellnessLMC@email.4cd.edu, or simply leave a message at the front desk for the Wellness Counselor to call you back.
- Disabled Student Services
Our Disabled Student Programs & Services Program (DSPS) provides support services to students with disabilities to allow them to fully participate in and benefit from courses at the college. Services and accommodations include, but are not limited to, priority registration, alternative testing, adaptive computer technology, sign language interpreters, textbooks recorded on to audio file and Braille, and one-on-one tutoring in Math and English. Counseling appointments, tutoring, and accommodations are available at the Brentwood Center. To learn more about the services provided and how to apply to the DSPS program, please visit the DSPS website.
Scheduling a DSPS Counseling, Class Exam Testing Accommodations, and/or Assessment Test Appointment, call the contacts below:
- Call the DSPS Office at (925) 473-7471 to schedule an appointment a the Brentwood Center. (Note that DSPS Counseling Appointments are not available in Brentwood during Summer Session).
- To schedule your class exam testing accommodations in Brentwood, contact Sharen McLean
- For Placement, Assessment Testing with accommodations, please contact Assessment Test Coordinator, Nicole Almassey at (925) 473-7431.
DSPS TUTORING SERVICES
Tutoring for DSPS students in English and Math are also available at the Brentwood Center by appointment. To schedule a one-on-one appointment, just stop by the office or call (925) 513-1625.
- EOPS Counseling
EOPS is a state-funded, student support service program established to promote the enrollment, retention, persistence, and success (i.e., transfer, degrees, certificates) of students from low-income, underrepresented backgrounds in higher education by offering services that are above, beyond, and in addition to services available to all Los Medanos College students. Appointments are available in Brentwood on Fridays. Please call (925) 473-7480 to book an appointment.
- Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Office at the Brentwood Center is now open daily. For information or to schedule an appointment, please call our Financial Aid Representative, Elayne Espinoza at (925) 473-6917.
Brentwood Financial Aid Drop-In Hours | Fall 2018
Monday | 8:30am - 12:00pm & 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Tuesday | 8:30am - 12:00pm & 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Wednesday | 8:30am - 12:00pm & 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Thursday | 2:30am - 6:30pm
Fridays | 8:30pm - 12:00pm
- Labs in Brentwood
Center for Academic Support - Room 13
Computer Lab - Room 9
Math Lab - Room 15
Science Lab - Room 18
- Library Services
- Librarian at the Brentwood Center: Need to start a research project? Schedule an appointment for an in-depth look at the electronic resources and research tools available through the LMC Library. Our Librarian will assist you with eBooks (printing or saving sections), streaming video, and how to make clips and put them in presentations.
- Reserve Textbook Library, in front office. Over 200 textbooks on reserve for three-hour checkout. Stop by the front office to see if we have the book you need!
- Order books online from any library in CCCCD and pick up in Brentwood. Find the library item that you wish to request in the Library Catalog. Click on the Request/Hold link at the top of the record. Type your last name and student or employee ID number. Select the library where you would like to pick up your books and click "Submit".
- Library Electronic Resources, including ebooks, streaming videos, newspapers, magazine and journal articles are available to LMC students and employees 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from any computer with online access. Remote users will be prompted to log in using their last name and student or employee ID number.
- Police Services
POLICE SERVICES/LOST AND FOUND
Campus Hours - Fall 2018
Monday - Thursday | 7:30am - 10:00pm
Fridays | 7:30am - 4:00pm
Phone: (925) 473-6919
For Emergencies dial 911
For Police Assistance, non-emergency 24/7, (925) 809-7911
- Student ID Cards
STUDENT ID CARDS
Student identification cards are used to assist students in obtaining access to services on campus. Stop by the LMC Brentwood Center Student Services Office to obtain a student ID card. Students will need to provide the following:
- WebAdvisor class digital or printed class schedule.
- A photo ID: (driver's license, high school ID, passport/visa, etc.)
STUDENT ID HOURS
Monday - Thursday | 9:00am - 7:00pm
Friday | 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Technical Support
If you're experiencing technical problems with WIFI, printing, copying, or the vending machines at the Brentwood Center, please stop by the Student Services Office for assistance. If you need other technical assistance (Insite WebAdvisor, CANVAS, Campus WIFI), please contact the Help Desk at (925) 229-6888.
- Transfer Services
Find information you need for transfer, advising, workshops, college and university tours on the LMC Transfer Center web page by clicking on the link above, or call the Transfer Center at (925) 473-7444.
College & University Tours: Join LMC students and advisors on free college & university tours. See the Transfer Website for upcoming tour schedule. Bus pick up and drop off are available at both the Pittsburg and Brentwood campuses. Click this link to schedule a tour.
Counseling-Transfer Advising: A representative from CSU East Bay is at the Brentwood Center several times per semester to meet with students by appointment. Additional college and university representatives are available at the main LMC campus. Click the following link to schedule an appointment at either the Brentwood or Pittsburg campuses.
LMC general Counselors can also assist you with your Transfer questions. To schedule a general counseling appointment, click here for the on-line appointment system.
Tutoring in a variety of subjects and Center for Academic Support consultants are available to help with your reading and writing assignments. A great way to prepare for mid-terms and finals is by taking advantage of the free tutoring services offered in the Center for Academic Support in room 13. We offer drop-in peer tutoring in many subject areas, as well as one-on-one reading and writing support services offered by English faculty.
Tutoring for DSPS students in English and Math are also available at the Brentwood Center by appointment.
Take a look at the schedule of services posted outside of room 13 or visit the Brentwood Center website for more information. To schedule a one-on-one appointment are reading and writing services or DSPS tutoring, please stop by the front office or call us at (925) 513-1625.