1. Calendar
  2. Library
  3. News
  4. A-Z Index
  5. Directory
  6. Español
  7. Online Classes
  8. InSite

Veterans’ Services



veterans dependents educational assistance

The dependent child, spouse or unmarried surviving spouses of a service connected disabled or deceased veteran may be entitled to tuition and fee waiver benefits at any campus of the California State University system, University of California or a California Community College.

To be eligible, students must:

To obtain complete eligibility requirements and assistance in applying for these valuable benefits, please contact your local County Veterans Service Office or the Veteran’s Representative at Admissions & Records Office. Contact information for the veterans or financial aid office for many California public colleges and universities is available from the Education section CDVA's California Veterans Resources Database.

You may also contact CDVA at (916) 503-8397 or by mail:

California Department of Veterans Affairs
Division of Veterans Services
1227 O Street, Suite 105
Sacramento CA 95814

You may also download an application form to fill out. (This form requires the Adobe Acrobat reader, which can be downloaded from Adobe.) When the form is completed, contact your nearest County Veterans Service Office (CVSO address and phone numbers may be found at the California Association of County Veterans Services Officers web site.