Information About Dual Enrollment
Dual Enrollment in the Los Medanos College service area (AUSD, LUHSD & PUSD) allows students to earn college credits while still attending high school by taking college classes offered on their home high school campus.
As a Dual Enrollment student, you are provided with the opportunity to study in a familiar environment while earning college credit.
This head-start on a college education can significantly improve your chances of graduating from college with a certificate, degree or ready to transfer to another accredited institution of higher learning.
Benefits of Dual Enrollment
- Earn college credits while in high school
- Save time and money - Dual Enrollment courses are free
- Classes taught on your high school campus
- Taught by teachers who meet the minimum qualifications at the community college level
- Complete a college degree or certification at an accelerated rate
- Get a head start on a great GPA
- Use LMC free resources - Library, tutoring, counseling, career and transfer services and more
- Credits are transferable to most colleges and universities
High School Partners
For more information on which DE courses your school offers, please click on the links below.
Fall 2018 Dual Enrollment Offerings
ASTRO-010 & 011 "Introduction to Astronomy" & "Astronomy Lab"
CHEM-006 "Introduction to Inorganic and Physical Chemistry"
COUNS-032 "Career Exploration" and/or COUNS-034 "College Success"
- Antioch High School
- Deer Valley High School
- Dozier-Libbey Medical High School
- Freedom High School
- Heritage High School
- Liberty High School
- Bidwell High School
- Black Diamond High School
FIRE-101 "Fire Protection Organization"
College Connect Program (HS students come to LMC campus)
ADJUS-110 "Intro to Criminal Justice" & COUNS-032 "Career Exploration"
JOURN-100 "Mass Communication" & COUNS-032 "Career Exploration"