Center for Academic Support
we are here to help your needs in all classes
Important notice: the Center and online consultation service will be closed from July 27th through August 12th.
In order to provide you with the best possible feedback, we must know what the instructor is asking you to do in your assignment. Please provide the assignment given to you by the instructor.
Turn around time: the current turn response is August 16th.
The Center’s mission is to provide writing coaching; consultants do not proofread or edit papers. We primarily look at global issues (development, organization, logic). We will direct your attention to style and grammar problems by marking areas of concern. On longer papers, we will mark only the first two pages for style and grammar convention errors. Please limit your submission to 5 pages. If your paper is longer, please select and submit the areas that concern you the most, and if possible, include your working thesis statement.
After receiving your paper, consultants will do the following:
- Provide feedback to you by using the insert comment function. The consultant’s comments will appear in the margin or inserted in the body of your paper.
When your paper is returned to you, please do the following:
- Respond to any of the consultant’s questions.
- Revise the paper and resubmit or visit the center if you wish and due date allows.
- Revise and turn it into your instructor.
- Remember that the ultimate responsibility for correctness and completeness of your papers rests with you.