Specialized Scholarships by Subject





John Burton Scholarship-Backpack to Success

up to $700



One time grants of up to $700 are available for foster youth currently enrolled n CA Community Colleges;technical colleges;CSU;UC and private universities in the State of CA and have been recommended by their financial aid office, or Foster Youth Campus Support Program. Must be enrolled in 6 units and be in good academic standing (maintain at least a "C" average).For more information visit: John Burton Scholarship /Application: John Burton Foundation for Children Without Homes.

 John Burton Foundation

Offers direct service initiatives to assist foster youth and former foster youth enrolled in CA colleges and universities. Please visit John Burton Foundation for current scholarship opportunities.






Juvenile Hall Auxiliary Vocational & Academic Scholarship



The Juvenile Hall Auxiliary offers financial aid to students who were or are in placement under the jurisdiction of the Court in the amounts of at least $350 per quarter or $500 per semester.  The money is to be used for post high school education in the academic, vocational, or specialized training fields.  We expect our students to commit themselves to a full-time educational program.  To continue to qualify for the program each semester, the student must complete a full-time class load and maintain a 2.0 GPA.


For more information and to apply visit: Reachingouryouth.org










The California Dream Act allows AB 540 students to apply for financial aid. For more information and for free, one-on-one assistance in beginning the application process, visit the California Community Colleges icanaffordcollege.com website, which is available in English, Spanish and traditional Chinese.


What is a California Dream Act (AB 540 Eligible) student?


You are a California Dream Act (AB 540 eligible) student, and exempt from paying non-resident enrolment fees, if you meet all of the following criteria:

  • Attended a California high school for at least three years, OR attained the equivalent of at least three years of credits from a California high school and attended at three full years at California K-12 schools;


  • Graduated from a California high school, got a GED or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam;
  • Are registered or enrolled at a California community college


  • If required, complete an affidavit saying you have filed (or will file when you are eligible to do so) for legal immigration status.

Please contact Admissions and Records to determine if you are a California Dream Act (AB 540 eligible) student.






Past President Parley Nursing Scholarship



Veteran of the World Wars, Korea, Vietnam Conflict, Frenada/Lebanon, Panama and/or Persian Gulf.   Veteran's spouse/widow(er), or veteran’s child.  Applicant currently enrolled or planning to enroll in accredited LVN, RN or other recognized nursing school.

PG&E Scholarships $1,000 - $5,000 February 01, 2016
PG&E has several scholarships available to current Community College Students. For a list of all scholarships, eligibility criteria, and applications visit: PG&E Scholarships