Helping dreams to come true
STEM Scholars Program - Application deadline extended to: March 31, 2017 - Up to $5,000
The Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) Scholars Program provides scholarships for LMC students who are majoring in one of the following STEM fields:
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences or Physical Sciences.
Current LMC students and high school students who will enroll as STEM majors in the fall semester can apply for the STEM Scholars Program Scholarship if they meet the eligibility requirements below.
The STEM Scholars Program is funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
To apply for the STEM Scholars Program Scholarship, the following eligibility requirements must be met:
- Hold U.S. citizenship or lawful national or alien status.
- Have successfully completed pre-calculus by the time the scholarship dispersal
- Demonstrate financial need, according to federal guidelines
- Upon selection, enroll full-time (12+ units at LMC) in a program leading to an associate or baccalaureate degree in a STEM discipline
- Upon selection become an active participant in the MESA Program
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.7 and have an overall GPA of 3.0 in their STEM classes
- To have completed a signed Student Educational Plan
Completed application and all supporting documents must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office by 1:00 PM, Friday March 31, 2017 .
For more information please contact: