Contact Dr. Nicole Trager email@example.com or Margie Ahola firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in any of the below events or opportunities! If you have any announcements to submit please send them to Margie email@example.com
Things To Know
MESA center will be reopen when classes resume in the spring. January 12th
- Tutors- Please send your class schedules to Dr.Trager for next semesters tutor schedule. firstname.lastname@example.org
- MESA Seminar Class- All new MESA students should register for this class. STEM scholars who have not taken it should remember to register as well.
The course will be offered Spring 2015. COUNS-033 MESA section.
The Class will be held Fridays 11:00 - 11:50 AM C2-223 STAFF
- FAFSA- Start filling out your FAFSA. Have it done by the end of February!!!!! All MESA/ ASEM students should fill out the FAFSA. It not only determines your financial aid, but helps determine scholarship eligibility.
- STEM Ambassadors- Be A Volunteer! STEM ambassadors mentor at Pittsburg High School STEM classes, tutoring in math, biology, physics and chemistry classes. They present STEM Student Success Panels to high school students, and explain how Los Medanos College works as a transfer institution for STEM majors. The STEM Ambassadors also perform laboratory experiments and demonstrations for students in various science classes at PHS. STEM Ambassadors choose how they would like to volunteer their time, as a tutor in a classroom, a member of the Student Success Panel, or a lab presenter in collaboration with an LMC STEM faculty member. These volunteer hours can also be used to support your application process as you prepare to transfer to a college/university in a STEM major. Please contact Ana Castro, STEM Connector, for further information email@example.com
- Back to School Fiesta – Come for yummy food and fun!
MESA Center Wednesday, January 14th 4pm
- Internship Workshops- Come learn about summer STEM internships, how to apply and start on your application! Deadlines are coming fast! Everyone is eligible for internships! Bring your laptop or use one of our MESA computers.
Wednesday, January 14th 1pm in the MESA Center
Thursday, January 22nd 4pm in the MESA Center
- Essay Writing Workshop Start preparing for scholarship applications with this essay writing workshop!
How to Write a Winning Essay
Tuesday, January 20 3pm-4pm CORE Bldg 3rd Level
Space is limited for theEssay Writingworkshop. Please RSVP by calling (925) 473-7590
- Black College Fair Expo- Space is limited so register fast! The transfer center is taking students to the Black College Expo in Oakland. Black College Expo (information http://www.thecollegeexpo.org/index.php/black-college-expo) features a very informative and exciting college fair, known as an “Infotainment” college fair, showcasing well over 50 Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and educational organizations and programs. Space is limited so register fast! Register here https://dbelman.wufoo.com/forms/black-college-expo/
Day of Expo Saturday, January 24.
- CSU San Jose Tour- Take a campus tour of California State University San Jose. This opportunity is through the transfer center. Registration Opens Jan 27 Spots Limited! http://www.losmedanos.edu/transfer/CampusTours.asp
Day of Tour Friday, February 27