Contact Dr. Nicole Trager firstname.lastname@example.org or Margie Ahola email@example.com if interested in any of the below events or opportunities! If you have any announcements to submit please send them to Margie firstname.lastname@example.org
Things To Know
MESA Welcomes new Counselor to the Team! Marco Godinez is now doing MESA counseling in addition to our beloved Marie Karp. You may make appointments with either Marco or Marie by calling (925) 473-7449 and requesting Marco or Marie for a MESA session.
- FAFSA- Start filling out your FAFSA. Have it done by the end of February!!!!! All MESA/ ASEM students should fill out the FAFSA. It not only determines your financial aid, but helps determine scholarship eligibility.
- STEM Ambassadors- Be A Volunteer! STEM ambassadors mentor at Pittsburg High School STEM classes, tutoring in math, biology, physics and chemistry classes. They present STEM Student Success Panels to high school students, and explain how Los Medanos College works as a transfer institution for STEM majors. The STEM Ambassadors also perform laboratory experiments and demonstrations for students in various science classes at PHS. STEM Ambassadors choose how they would like to volunteer their time, as a tutor in a classroom, a member of the Student Success Panel, or a lab presenter in collaboration with an LMC STEM faculty member. These volunteer hours can also be used to support your application process as you prepare to transfer to a college/university in a STEM major. Please contact Ana Castro, STEM Connector, for further information email@example.com
- Internship Workshop- Come learn about summer STEM internships, how to apply and start on your application! Deadlines are coming fast! Everyone is eligible for internships! Bring your laptop or use one of our MESA computers.
Wednesday, Feb 4th 4pm in the MESA Center
- Kennedy King Essay Writing Workshop Join the long list of LMC students who have won this $8,000 Scholarship. Come get help with your award winning essay.
Workshop is Thursday, January 29th, 3-4pm.
Center for Academic Support . Please RSVP by calling (925) 473-7590
- LMC Scholarship Foundation Essay Workshop. LMC Foundation offers scharlarships for continuing and transferring students. Applications are due Feb 12th! Come Learn how to write a winning essay for these scholarships.
Monday, Februrary 2nd 1-2pm
Thursday, February 5th 3-4pm
Center for Academic Support. Please RSVP by calling (925) 473-7590
Day of Tour is February 27th.
- CSU San Jose Tour- Take a campus tour of California State University San Jose. This opportunity is through the transfer center. Registration Opens February 27 Spots Limited! http://www.losmedanos.edu/transfer/CampusTours.asp
Day of Tour Friday, March 27
- Los Medanos College 40th Anniversary Celebration! March 21st. LMC is inviting the community to come celebrate the 40th anniversary, there will be lots going on and lots of activities. The MESA center will be open and will be doing a DNA demonstration. If you would like to volunteer for this activity please email the MESA Director firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contra Costa County Science and Engineering Fair- March 26th-28 at Los Medanos College. LMC is hosting the CCC Science and Engineering Fair. It is a great way for our students to get involved in the community. Consider being a science fair judge for the junior high entrees. For more information email MESA Director at email@example.com