Contact Dr. Nicole Trager email@example.com or Margie Ahola firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in any of the below events or opportunities! If you have any announcements to submit please send them to Margie email@example.com
Things To Know
- MESA Welcomes new Counselor to the Team! Marco Godinez is now doing MESA counseling in addition to our beloved Marie Karp. You may make appointments with either Marco or Marie by calling (925) 473-7449 and requesting Marco or Marie for a MESA session.
- Faculty in the MESA Center- Faculty are now spending more time in the MESA center. Bring your hardes Math and Science questions! All Students Welcom, not just those taking their class
Monday 2-3pm Physics with Chaou Liu
Wednesday 11:30-12:30pm Chemistry with Minday Capes
Friday 2-3pm Physics and Engineering with Kurt Crowder
- Reference Librarian in the MESA Center -Librarian Christine Park is in the MESA center to answer all of your research questions. Doing an English paper? Need to find research for a Bio project? She can help!
Tuesday's 2-3pm The Librarian Is In
- MESA Director in the MESA Center -Drop in and see the MESA director anytime, but you can be sure to catch her in the MESA center at these times every week!
- STEM Ambassadors- Be A Volunteer! STEM ambassadors mentor at Pittsburg High School STEM classes, tutoring in math, biology, physics and chemistry classes. They present STEM Student Success Panels to high school students, and explain how Los Medanos College works as a transfer institution for STEM majors. The STEM Ambassadors also perform laboratory experiments and demonstrations for students in various science classes at PHS. STEM Ambassadors choose how they would like to volunteer their time, as a tutor in a classroom, a member of the Student Success Panel, or a lab presenter in collaboration with an LMC STEM faculty member. These volunteer hours can also be used to support your application process as you prepare to transfer to a college/university in a STEM major. Please contact Ana Castro, STEM Connector, for further information firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday Feb 27th 3pm in the MESA Center
Audio Engineer Sidney Wilson from the Erevu Group will be here. He will come talk about his career and company.His company is hired by municipalities to monitor audio data during live concerts (such as the bottlerock festival in Napa) to ensure compliance with noise ordinances.
Friday March 6th 11am in the MESA Center-
Marine Biochemist Dr. Matthew Bertin is going to be here. He is a Marine biochemistry researcher at the world renounnd Scripps Institution of Coceanography, UCSD. Come hear about his exciting career and how he got there!.
- 5th Annual MESA Math Challenge-
LMC MESA Won last year, lets continue our streak! We will be forming a team of 5 or more students to compete against all MESA's in our region. The Challenge will talke place mid-March based on the teams schedules. The MESA Math Challenge is a mathematics test designed for MESA community College students. The test is Cmprised of 20 multiple choce questions that cover algebra, trig, pre-calc and analytical geometry. Emai email@example.com if you want to be part of the LMC TEAM!
- FAFSA Workshops- THE FAFSA IS DUE MARCH 2!
This Financial Aid Workshop will provide you with all the options available for students pursuing higher education. We'll have hands on assistance applying for the student/parent PINs and completing FAFSA on the Web. The workshops listed below will be held in the MAIN campus Room SS3, Room 314 (Assessment Center)
Friday, February 20, 11:00 - 12:30 pm
Monday, February 23, 10:30 - 12:00 pm
Thursday, February 26, 11:00 - 12:30 pm
- CSU San Jose Tour March 20th- Take a campus tour of California State University San Jose. MESA has priority registration! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot! CSU San Jose has one of the best Engineering schools in the world and we would like our MESA students to be able to experience it. This opportunity is through the transfer center. Registration Opens February 20 Spots Limited! http://www.losmedanos.edu/transfer/CampusTours.asp
- Los Medanos College 40th Anniversary Celebration! March 21st. LMC is inviting the community to come celebrate the 40th anniversary, there will be lots going on and lots of activities. The MESA center will be open and will be doing a DNA demonstration. If you would like to volunteer for this activity please email the MESA Director email@example.com.
- UC Davis Pre-med Conference Oct 10-11, 2015 Sign up Now! MESA is sending 10 students to this conference, 3 spots are taken already! All-Inclusive Packages—which bundle a round-trip bus ride, meals, housing, and registration—Pick-up locations is UCB. Become more knowledgeable about the application process by hearing directly from the deans of admission from top Medical and Health Professional Schools like Stanford, UCSF, Duke UCLA, John’s Hopkins, Harvard, and much more. Email MESA Director firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up now! More information on the conference can be found here.
- Contra Costa County Science and Engineering Fair- March 26th-28 at Los Medanos College. LMC is hosting the CCC Science and Engineering Fair. It is a great way for our students to get involved in the community. Consider being a science fair judge for the junior high entrees. For more information email MESA Director at email@example.com