Contact Dr. Nicole Trager firstname.lastname@example.org or Margie Ahola email@example.com if interested in any of the below events or opportunities! If you have any announcements to submit please send them to Margie firstname.lastname@example.org
- -Motivational Speaker Wednesday April 8th 1pm-2:20pm in SS-412
Tony Friday sees himself as an overcomer. Born and raised in Oakland, CA he was able to overcome many challenges associated with living in a troubled neighborhood. This included gangs, drugs and other crimes that many of his childhood friends were not able to overcome. Fortified with this experience he has gone on to achieving success as an Operations executive and professional speaker. Because of this experience Tony is uniquely qualified to speak on a myriad of subjects relating to business and leadership development. However his passion is to inspire and encourage individuals not to give up as a result of negative circumstances, but to push on with a positive attitude.
- - What To Expect When You’re Expecting to Transfer to...
Find out more about what it’s really like to go to these universities (night life, on/off campus housing, sports, clubs, support resources, on campus jobs, public transportation, etc.)
Special Guests: UC Berkeley Alumni
Wed., April 8, 12:30pm – 2:00pm, Library: Room 109
Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
Special Guests: Alumni of HBCUs (Fisk, Spelman, Morehouse, Howard, Southern University)
Wed., April 15, 12:00pm – 1:30pm, College Complex Building: Room CC1-120
- -LMC 10th Annual Academic Competition(registration deadline extended)- Competition day April 11th,8 -3pm. The Academic Competition is a one-day event designed to motivate students to achieve scholarly excellence at LMC. It is also a fun and interactive way for students to compete academically. Students participate in teams of four in the following subject areas: English, Math, Science, Social Science. Winning teams will receive the following scholarships (to be divided equally between team members)
1st Place: $3,000 ($750 per person)
2nd Place: $2,000 ($500 per person)
3rd Place: $1,000 ($250 per person)
4th Place: $600 ($150 per person)
5th Place: $400 ($100 per person)
Click Here to Register your team by Thursday April 9th! Applications also available in the MESA center. Need help building a team? MESA has some names of students that would like to join a team. Email
- -2nd annual Pre-Medical and Pre-Health Conference CSUEB Saturday, April 11,2015 The conference will be hosting over 27 workshops covering various health care professions and presentations on how to become better prepared before entering the field of medicine. Registration is Free! Sign up here.
- -LMC Transfer Day April 16th 10am -1pm- Outdoor Quad- LMC will host a college fair to help you find the perfect school to transfer too.
- -STEM Ambassador Student success panels April 17th and 27th- MESA is putting together student success panels to present at Pittsburg High. These panels will talk about LMC, life as a college student, being in MESA and being a STEM major.
Panels will be Friday April 17th at
9am Friday April 17th at 1pm
Monday April 27th at 10am
Feel free to sign up for one or all the sessions. Sign up today by emailing email@example.com
- -UC Berkeley CAL Day- Saturday April 18th Registration now open through the transfer center for free admission and transit to CAL Day at UC Berkeley. Sign up know spots are going fast! Click Here for Application
- -University of Nevada Reno Tour - Friday May 1st, Registration now open through the transfer center for free tour package to go see University of Nevada Reno. Sign up know spots are going fast! Click Here for Application
- Summer STEM Research Course at LMC. Interested in Scientific research? This course will introduce students to the methodology, techniques, and approaches to conducing independent research in the biological sciences. Throughout the course, students will read primary scientific literature, design and conduct independent research projects, and present their results in professional format. This experience will help students develop technical, communication, and critical thinking skills that are crucial to their success as STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) professionals. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be better prepared for their future STEM studies as well as research opportunities in academic or industry laboratories.
Register for this course happening this summer!
BIOSC-904 - Intro to Bioscience Research
6/15/2015 - 7/23/2015
M T W Th 8:30AM - 9:05AM SC1 130
M T W Th 9:05AM - 11:20AM SC1 130
- Cooke Bridges for Engineering and Science Transfers UC Santa Barbara Deadline May 1st - This program brings science, engineering, and mathematics community college students to the UC Santa Barbara campus for a one week science intensive residential program hosted at CNSI for a hands-on experience in a dynamic research environment. Gain experience in the lab and learn about mulitple majors and careers in science. More info and Application Here
Things To Know
- Faculty in the MESA Center- Faculty are now spending more time in the MESA center. Bring your hardes Math and Science questions! All Students Welcom, not just those taking their class
Monday 2-3pm Physics with Chaou Liu
Wednesday 11:30-12:30pm Chemistry with Minday Capes
Thursday 2:30-3:30pm Biology with Briana McCarthy
Friday 2-3pm Physics and Engineering with Kurt Crowder
- Reference Librarian in the MESA Center -Librarian Christine Park is in the MESA center to answer all of your research questions. Doing an English paper? Need to find research for a Bio project? She can help!
Tuesday's 2-3pm The Librarian Is In
- MESA Director in the MESA Center -Drop in and see the MESA director anytime, but you can be sure to catch her in the MESA center at these times every week!
- STEM Ambassadors- Be A Volunteer! STEM ambassadors mentor at Pittsburg High School STEM classes, tutoring in math, biology, physics and chemistry classes. They present STEM Student Success Panels to high school students, and explain how Los Medanos College works as a transfer institution for STEM majors. The STEM Ambassadors also perform laboratory experiments and demonstrations for students in various science classes at PHS. STEM Ambassadors choose how they would like to volunteer their time, as a tutor in a classroom, a member of the Student Success Panel, or a lab presenter in collaboration with an LMC STEM faculty member. These volunteer hours can also be used to support your application process as you prepare to transfer to a college/university in a STEM major. Please contact Ana Castro, STEM Connector, for further information firstname.lastname@example.org