California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids
Welcome to the Los Medanos CalWORKs Program!
WHAT IS CALWORKs?
The Los Medanos College California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) Program’s main focus is to serve current TANF (cash-aid) recipients who are parents attending LMC as part of their Welfare-to-Work
Activity (WTW) Plan. The program provides students with educational and career opportunities combined with an array of support services which help students to complete their educational goal, find meaningful employment,
and successfully transition into the workforce.
- Priority registration
- Text books and supplies
- Starter kit
- Educational & Career counseling
- Employment skills attainment
- Academic progress monitoring
- On Campus employment -Work-Study
- Childcare Services
- Educational workshops
- Receive cash aid in the form of CalWORKs for themselves and at least one child (county verification must be provided each semester)
- Be in an approved County WTW plan
- Fulfill work participation requirement
- Complete a LMC CalWORKs orientation every semester
For more information or to see how you can qualify for our program, call (925) 473-7480 or visit our office in the New Student Services Center (SS4 Upper Level - Room 414)