A place where dreams and goals are realized
How can I join?
There are two ways to be a part of the Umoja Scholars Community: 1) Students can join the umoja scholars program or 2) Join the Umoja Scholars Club.
- To join the Umoja Scholars Program, interested students must be currently enrolled at LMC and have completed the English and Math assessment tests prior to applying.
- Interested students must fill out an application (see the link below); provide a letter of recommendation from a current or former instructor, employer or community member.
- Write and submit a one-page essay explaining why you want to join the LMC Umoja Scholars Program. Essays must be typed and double-spaced.
- Please provide your latest transcript (an unofficial copy is acceptable). Newly graduated high school students and first-time college students are exempt.
- Schedule an interview with Umoja Staff.
- To join the Umoja Scholars Club, students must attend the club meetings and participate in Umoja club and program activities. Contact the Umoja Village for information on club meeting, times and dates.
Once approved, Umoja Scholars will enjoy the benefits of registering for blocked Umoja classes in English and Math, tutoring and counsling services, and Umoja community events and activities.